The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jjblok
Qualitative was on the kidneys, just drawing them. The quantitative and evaluative were on the effects of temperature on free and immobilized enzymes

How was the quant and eval??
Were the questions really hard?
I have mine soon so please help?
Reply 61
Original post by N345
How was the quant and eval??
Were the questions really hard?
I have mine soon so please help?

The quantitative experiment was horrible, it did not work for the whole class and everyone made up their pH values to fit the trend. However the Paper was really easy, just drawing a graph, working out a gradient and saying what is active and inactive.

The evaluative was not too bad, they ask simple questions. You just have to make sure you are really comparative and use keywords like diffuse and denature or you lose marks.
Reply 62
has anyone done the control assessments yet
Hi Guys,

Good luck with any upcoming exams.

When you get a break why not enter the National Schools Employability Challenge (NSEC). It is a quick,easy and fun competition where the winner gets an iPad mini and a weeks worth of work experience at PwC.

Enter here today!

Amit

How far have your schools got through this biology course? Mine has covered Unit 1 modules 1,3 and 4 and Unit 2 modules 1,3 and 4. I was just wondering if this was good or bad relative to other schools. thanks!
Original post by CamilleClarke
How far have your schools got through this biology course? Mine has covered Unit 1 modules 1,3 and 4 and Unit 2 modules 1,3 and 4. I was just wondering if this was good or bad relative to other schools. thanks!

Hmm we have done all of unit 5 and parts of unit 4 modules 1 and 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Hmm we have done all of unit 5 and parts of unit 4 modules 1 and 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you say unit 4 and 5 do you mean F214 and F215?
When you say unit 4 and 5 do you mean F214 and F215?

Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling

Ah okay thanks that's good going! Have your teachers told you when they aim to finish the course?
Ah okay thanks that's good going! Have your teachers told you when they aim to finish the course?

By the looks of it around about the end of April. Then in may we don't have planned lessons, but you can see teachers if you need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70

Mine finished all of F214. In F215 we completed modules 1,2 & 4. Just left with module 3 now, but for the past month we have just been doing ISA's and not much studying.
Any tips for studying Biology, I have literally no class notes and I hardly no anything :/
Original post by jjblok
The quantitative experiment was horrible, it did not work for the whole class and everyone made up their pH values to fit the trend. However the Paper was really easy, just drawing a graph, working out a gradient and saying what is active and inactive.

The evaluative was not too bad, they ask simple questions. You just have to make sure you are really comparative and use keywords like diffuse and denature or you lose marks.

Hello! I have this quantitative task on Wednesday… the effect of temperature of lipase! I've done some research and it says about the use of a pH indicator etc.. however I cannot find anything on immobilised enzymes and the use of lipase can you help?
thankyou.
Original post by Lucien2397
Any tips for studying Biology, I have literally no class notes and I hardly no anything :/

Just follow the specification to make notes in each topic. Then revise it and practise loads of past papers. That's what I'm going to start to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are the smaller units more interesting than the bigger ones?
Reply 75
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Why are the smaller units more interesting than the bigger ones?

Dunno :biggrin: F211 was way more interesting to me than F212, and F214 is more interesting than F215, I could not give a damn about how animals work together in a habitat, or how dogs salivate when you ring a bell lol
Reply 76
does anyone know which exam boards are quite similar to ocr in style of questions and content? I don't want to run out of papers, and practice I guess is generally good
If anyone did the BIO evaluative ISA on maggots/ or invertebrates message me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Asif_m96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that one ages ago, it was so bloody disgusting!
I lost a maggot and was so paranoid I was going to find it in my bag or something
Reply 79
Original post by Asif_m96

Posted from TSR Mobile

likewise!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending