The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins - Mini Portfolio Flickr HELP!

I've just received an email from CSM (BA Graphic Design) requesting my online portfolio via Flickr. They state that:

"Your full name

Your UCAS Personal ID Number

The name/code of the course that you have applied for

Contact email address"

a) Where do I include this information on Flickr?

b) Do I include all the courses I've applied for? I've applied to 4 UAL colleges and most of them require (the same) flickr portfolio. Or just CSM course code as they are the only one that have asked for it?

Thanks!
Hi,
I just uploaded my mini portfolio on Flickr (for LCF though, not CSM since they haven't even sent me the email requesting a portfolio yet), and I put the title of the course as the name of the album. The full name, UCAS ID + email seem a bit weird though considering they should probably have all of that information already? But you can put it in the album's description and your name will be visible on your Flickr account anyways.
I think you should put the code for BA Graphic Design since that's what they're asking for and you'll probably have to make 4 seperate portfolios if you're applying to different courses.

P.s: When did you send off your application? I hope to hear from csm soon:/
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hi,

I've applied to LCF to study Make-up this year and I'm waiting to hear from them (it's not even been 1 day) but i was wandering about the porfolio is that something they as soon?
Original post by Danielle_Eileen
Hi,

I've applied to LCF to study Make-up this year and I'm waiting to hear from them (it's not even been 1 day) but i was wandering about the porfolio is that something they as soon?

They sent me the email approximately a week after my appication with the information that my mini portfolio was due 10 days from that day, so quite soon.
Original post by _dreamcatcher_
They sent me the email approximately a week after my appication with the information that my mini portfolio was due 10 days from that day, so quite soon.

Thanks you! Do they do they offer places based on the portfolios? Sorry for all the questions I'm just nervous aha
Original post by Danielle_Eileen
Thanks you! Do they do they offer places based on the portfolios? Sorry for all the questions I'm just nervous aha

No problem! Although it's not that simple. After you submit the mini portfolio they will have a look at it, and if it's good enough and you get selected for the next stage, you will be later invited to attend a so-called 'portfolio review'. They will give you a date and time for the review which means you need to come to London and drop off your portfolio at the uni. You then come back in a couple of hours and a few people get chosen for the interview stage. If you manage to get to the interview stage, you will recieve the information on whether you got in or not a couple of weeks after the interview via email.
Hope this helped. :smile:
Original post by _dreamcatcher_
No problem! Although it's not that simple. After you submit the mini portfolio they will have a look at it, and if it's good enough and you get selected for the next stage, you will be later invited to attend a so-called 'portfolio review'. They will give you a date and time for the review which means you need to come to London and drop off your portfolio at the uni. You then come back in a couple of hours and a few people get chosen for the interview stage. If you manage to get to the interview stage, you will recieve the information on whether you got in or not a couple of weeks after the interview via email.
Hope this helped. :smile:

Wow! Yeah this has helped loads, thank you 😊
i have my portfolio on flicker ready. i just need to send them the link via email but WHICH EMAIL DO I SEND IT TO!
Um I am not sure since I didn't need to send it via email but through a link connection. I'd say send it to the email they contacted you with and ask if it is the right email to be sending it to. Was your deadline this late?
I am so sad that my application got withdrawn...i never received the email saying to send in a mini portfolio but it says i should have on UCAS. Thats really annoying me and i wrote them about it, lets see how that goes :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending