The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam 2015 Accommodation

Who's made Sheffield Hallam their firm choice this year?

If you have then what accommodation have you or will you apply for?

I've already applied and chose central quay as my first and the forge as my second :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm currently on a gap year and will be studying Geography at Sheffield Hallam in September. Unsure on what accommodation to apply for though :frown: thinking about Victoria Halls - I find the website very unhelpful though!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by a1my
I'm currently on a gap year and will be studying Geography at Sheffield Hallam in September. Unsure on what accommodation to apply for though :frown: thinking about Victoria Halls - I find the website very unhelpful though!

Ah I'm also on a gap year! Yeah they use some of the same pictures for each accom. I went to see Victoria halls and it's really nice and village-like.. But it's really popular and right in the city centre. You get two options anyway! If you don't mind a walk to the uni then the ones I've applied for are really nice and a little cheaper too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucekp1

I've already applied and chose central quay as my first and the forge as my second :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed Sheffield Hallam and I've put central quay as my first choice and my second was another that began with a T, can't remember and I'm too lazy to look 😂 I'm quite worried though because it's a conditional offer of 300 ucas points (which I'll Deffo get), but does that mean I'm less likely to get my first choice because it's a conditional?? Blughhhh
Moved from Uni Life to the respective uni forum.
Reply 5
Original post by bethanyhelina
I've firmed Sheffield Hallam and I've put central quay as my first choice and my second was another that began with a T, can't remember and I'm too lazy to look 😂 I'm quite worried though because it's a conditional offer of 300 ucas points (which I'll Deffo get), but does that mean I'm less likely to get my first choice because it's a conditional?? Blughhhh

Trigon or something wasn't it? Haha yeah no worries! I have no clue either because mines a conditional too where I need to get 280 points. It says after you've applied that they allocate accom to people with unconditionals from mid July-mid August I think and then people with conditionals from mid August to mid September! So I guess it depends on how many unconditionals are given out? But we'll see I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
hello
i've made sheffied hallem my first choice but haven't gone for a visit yet, I'm gonna be 28 when uni starts. Is there any halls in perticular that are better suited to mature students do you know? I was thinking about private housing but I will be new to Sheffield and not sure that is wise lol.
Reply 7
Does anyone know if accommodation is already open for September 2015 start?
I am attending a selection day in February at SHU and have got to wait go hear back for a decision after the selection day to be able to (if successful) set SHU as my firm and choose accommodation, which might not be until March.
I am worrying this late decision might mean i'll struggle to find accommodation. Anyone got any advice?
Thank you!:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by shell1616
hello
i've made sheffied hallem my first choice but haven't gone for a visit yet, I'm gonna be 28 when uni starts. Is there any halls in perticular that are better suited to mature students do you know? I was thinking about private housing but I will be new to Sheffield and not sure that is wise lol.

Hi I heard the anvil is well suited for mature students but I'm not certain! When you go you can ask them because from what I heard there are plenty of people in your position and the uni students will have the best advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucekp1
Trigon or something wasn't it? Haha yeah no worries! I have no clue either because mines a conditional too where I need to get 280 points. It says after you've applied that they allocate accom to people with unconditionals from mid July-mid August I think and then people with conditionals from mid August to mid September! So I guess it depends on how many unconditionals are given out? But we'll see I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see! I just rushed into making my decisions and my family that live in Sheffield say that trigon is in a bad area or something, so kinda really want my first choice >.<
Original post by lucekp1

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello! I firmed Sheffield hallam today... Very exciting ;-)) I'm looking at leadmill point, The forge and also love Charlotte court however there's no sign that there's wifi available there which wouldn't be appropriate for studying at home !!!

What at are tiny going to study?:smile:x
Reply 11
Oh okay cool. Yeah I really want my first choice.

Studying PR and Media :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just applied for accommodation :smile: ( finally ) gone for Victoria hall first and The anvil second :-))
Reply 13
Anyone going to be at the Collegiate campus?
If so, what accommodation are you looking at, as it's further away from a lot of the City accommodation.
Original post by Wheezy
Anyone going to be at the Collegiate campus?
If so, what accommodation are you looking at, as it's further away from a lot of the City accommodation.

Yeah me :smile: I've applied to victoria hall and anvil :tongue: Victoria hall is a 15 minute walk to collegiate but it's so nice and it's right in the centre so perfect to get to shops etc
Reply 15
Original post by Harrietswinford
Yeah me :smile: I've applied to victoria hall and anvil :tongue: Victoria hall is a 15 minute walk to collegiate but it's so nice and it's right in the centre so perfect to get to shops etc

Ahh I see I see!
I was thinking of applying at The Forge cause it's pretty close to the campus, I didn't think of applying at one a bit further, might have a look!
Original post by Wheezy
Ahh I see I see!
I was thinking of applying at The Forge cause it's pretty close to the campus, I didn't think of applying at one a bit further, might have a look!

I've heard a lot of negative things about the forge so be aware !!! Yeah I mean a short walk won't harm us :wink:)
Made Sheffield Hallam my firm after receiving an unconditional to do accounting and finance.

Went to look around a few days ago and I love the city, thinks it's had quite a bit of money invested into the city centre in recent years.

Applied to Victoria halls as my first choice and Opal One as my second. Definitely the best accommodation out of the 5 universities I went to look around!
I have accepted an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam to study Sport Business Management

I have applied to Victoria Halls as my first choice and Opal as my second choice :smile:
I applied for victoria halls as my first choice and opal 1 as my second

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending