The Student Room Group

my manager has been texting me outside work.. is he just being nice?

so i got him lunch the other day coz he was busy and i was going on my break. since then he got my number from somewhere to say thanks and has been texting me after too. it's only one or two a day, we both take forever to reply and never text after 9pm. it's mostly random convo's about his car, what we've been up to during the day etc. is he just being nice or is there something more?just curious. i don't fancy him but he's a nice guy.
Original post by Anonymous
so i got him lunch the other day coz he was busy and i was going on my break. since then he got my number from somewhere to say thanks and has been texting me after too. it's only one or two a day, we both take forever to reply and never text after 9pm. it's mostly random convo's about his car, what we've been up to during the day etc. is he just being nice or is there something more?just curious. i don't fancy him but he's a nice guy.
Hard to tell, he may just be being nice but he may well think he's in with a chance.

Advice: Keep it professional or things will get messy otherwise and could create awkwardness in the workplace.

A good way of putting him off is to mention you have a boyfriend casually in one of your conversations. Something like, 'yeah, my boyfriend mentioned that to me the other night when we were out'.

That should let him down gently if he does have a thing for you.
(edited 9 years ago)

That might just be how he is. If you sense things are getting flirty though, I would refrain.
Guys don't just get a girls number from someone else and start texting them about their day JUST to be nice.

He likes you. This is an awkward situation which make cost you your job. Play smart girl
Text back and fulfil ur deeds
Sexual harrassment in the wooorkplaaace!!!
I'm surprised that I have to point out the glaringly obvious... but of course he wants sex, one hundred percent. If you don't want to give up the pussy, just tell him no and be done with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
If a man is texting a woman then its likely to be:

a) brief and kept professional - one message here and there
b) to engage in conversation because he likes you

In most cases its b.
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
Sexual harrassment in the wooorkplaaace!!!

I don't feel harassed tho lol
I don't feel harassed tho lol

That means he is good at harassing. Be careful.
I had an issue with someone at work I wasn't interested in but I didn't want to make things awkward. It's different because this is your boss, but I replied to messages - quite slowly, and they got shorter, and when he said anything that could lead into anything more friendly - complimenting looks, suggesting going out somewhere, just reply but clearly ignore the aspects you're not interested in and he should get the message. Or say right out, "I don't feel like it".

But since it's a boss it's more complicated and maybe you shouldn't be texting at all really, co-workers on the same level are different though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending