The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Hi anyone else out there applying in 2016, that just wants to have a chat. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aoifemc95
Hi anyone else out there applying in 2016, that just wants to have a chat. :smile:

I'm looking to apply for next year as for September I've found out too late. I'm not enjoying my current job and want an actual career. What are you doing to better yourself through selection? Like volunteering, courses? :smile: good luck with it by the way!
Reply 2
I actually don't mind my job but Im currently doing a HND in Health and Social Care at the minute so I should be finished by next year, I actually emailed all of the universities asking basically what the requirements where and how much work experience is needed. I actually haven't started any work experience yet, but most that got back to me said that they know its really hard to get experience so any experience at all like working in a shop as long as you can relate it to midwifery like communication skills and working with others then said that was fine, in the summer im going to look for experience anyway. And goodluck to you as well! :smile:
Reply 3
Hi

I am looking to attend uni in 2016 for midwifery . Im currently studying health and social care level 2 and will be doing a access course in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I also work as a support worker as well .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi,

Aww that's good, how long have you want to do midwifery?
Reply 6
For a few years now but didn't really know how to get on it .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Same here for a few years as well, is there any universities in particular you are looking to apply to? I know it is very early to ask that question and I apologise but im interested to know where everyone will be applying to.
Reply 8
Hello!

I have just applied for 2016 (I am deferring for a year). I have spent the last year getting experience doing different things as I am having a career change from fashion design. Thought I might get laughed out of the room if I didn't get some decent experience!
I contacted the NCT and now run their nearly new sales in Leeds. Through this I have met loads of people willing to get me more experience. I have been to an NHS maternity conference, antenatal classes for refugees and an FGM conference. I also volunteer at a women's centre for ex-offenders.
Hopefully it will stand me in good stead but you never know! There are also lots of study days that are aimed for students and midwives but are open to all so they might be worth looking at too! I contact the local hospital and they let me do a week of work experience in the antenatal clinic.
Goodluck with your choices and applications x
Reply 9
Hi, I did a complete career change from Sport to wanting to become a midwife, I haven't completed any experience yet but have spoke to a few midwives and I should get a few weeks experience with them, fingers crossed!! It just its so hard to get into, I know a lot of people that have tried for years and still no luck, I know people say never to give up but there's only so long people can take.
Reply 10
No its fine too ask.
I have found a few uni's were the entry requirements match my qualifications.
York university
Middlesex university
Bedfordshire university
Suffolk university
Kingston university
Cardiff university
Edge hill university
Kings college london
Bournemouth university
Bradford university
Central Lancashire university

Not too sure were i would apply yet .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Dannicb
No its fine too ask.
York university
Middlesex university
Bedfordshire university
Suffolk university
Kingston university
Cardiff university
Edge hill university
Kings college london
Bournemouth university
Bradford university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww I have a good few choices as well

John moores University
Queens University
Anglia Ruskin University
Caterbury Christ University

That's just a few of them now
Reply 12
Original post by Aoifemc95
Aww I have a good few choices as well

John moores University
Queens University
Anglia Ruskin University
Caterbury Christ University

That's just a few of them now

..........i did want to go to anglia ruskin but their entry requirements don't match my qualifications unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I was just wondering when do you apply to ucas ? I plan to go in September 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am also thinking of going in September 2016 or deferring a year, i think you apply in January 2016. I am currently doing a animal science degree (its a bit like zoology but more physiology). From the websites Im not really sure how much or if there is anything specific they want in terms of work experience. I am hoping its just more about showing you have skills in the qualities e.g communication. Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by Dannicb
No its fine too ask.
York university
Middlesex university
Bedfordshire university
Suffolk university
Kingston university
Cardiff university
Edge hill university
Kings college london
Bournemouth university
Bradford university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!

It's great to see you're considering Kingston for Midwifery. Please let me know if you have any questions about the course, uni life in general or about Kingston as a place, I'll be happy to help :smile:

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Reply 16
Original post by Kingston University
Hi!

It's great to see you're considering Kingston for Midwifery. Please let me know if you have any questions about the course, uni life in general or about Kingston as a place, I'll be happy to help :smile:

Student Ambassador

Thank you chloe

I very much appreciate and welcome your advice .

I was just wondering what campus is midwifery taught at ?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dannicb
Thank you chloe

I very much appreciate and welcome your advice .

I was just wondering what campus is midwifery taught at ?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Dannicb,

You're welcome!

Midwifery is taught at our Kingston Hill Campus and St Georges.

Reply 18
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Dannicb,

You're welcome!

Midwifery is taught at our Kingston Hill Campus and St Georges.

Thank you for the information .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hi guys :smile: I've got a conditional offer for midwifery for 2015, so exicted! but I am considering deferring for a year, save up some money etc. before I start, does anyone know if I'd have to just re apply (definitely don't want to risk not getting a place) or I could get an unconditional offer for sept. 2016 ? Any info would be appreciated! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending