The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tonema90
Not the worst choise :wink:

Glad you agree ^^ He's awesome live too.
Reply 21
Original post by channies
Swedish folk? Sounds intriguing, what artists do you listen to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just checked, its Norwegian. Monica Heldal. Boy From the North is the track I have.
A bit of everything really. New Wave, 80s Synthpop, Rock, Heavy Metal, Alternative, Soul, Funk, Punk, Pop, Country ect.

I listened to a lot of music when I was at uni, although it could be distracting.
Sometimes however I cannot help but put on some Roxy Music or The Beatles, or an album that I've never listened to before that I want to check out. That includes heavy metal albums, most recently 'Peace Sells' which turned out to be pretty good.
I listen to rock and roll, classic rock, heartland rock, indie, dance pop, nu-metal, heavy metal, progressive rock, hard rock, post-grunge, punk, post-punk, rap metal, hip-hop, folk rock, a little bit of country, bit of swing, a little bit of rap, big band/musicals and an occasional smattering of dubstep, opera and acid house.

When I'm studying I don't really listen to music though, it distracts me.

Thanks for asking) i listened much to Shania Twain recently

That don't impress me much! :wink:
Reply 25
Type in YouTube: surah Taha it will move you. Let me know what people think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
gentle piano is my choice ^^
rap,pop...all genres...Yes
Thats the only thing i dont listen to either. It sounds like a ton of pots and casterolls fall down on a bunch of rocks lol

Original post by Jeanlucpicard
Hahah, good analogy right there. What's your favourite band/ artist at the moment then?

I've never understood how people can write off such an incredibly diverse genre of music (I'm assuming you meant metal as an umbrella term as opposed to exclusively heavy metal).

Heavy metal:

Up the Irons!:

I'm assuming death metal is what you meant by "tons of pots falling down a cliff"?

Folk/post-black metal:

Atmospheric sludge:

I could go on for ever and a day, but chances are if you don't like even base heavy metal then black metal and grindcore won't do much for you in the slightest :teehee:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm very much a indie pop/dreampop/shoegaze kind of guy. Alvvays' album was one of my favourite albums of last year. And I've been obsessing over Mac DeMarco for most of the last year.

Other bands I love include: DIIV, Austra, Man Without Country, Washed Out, Observer Drift, Wild Nothing, Blouse, The Mary Onettes, Jagwar Ma, Lust for Youth, Belle & Sebastian but my two favourite bands will always be Pet Shop Boys and Depeche Mode.

Anything on Captured Tracks will get a listen from me! And if you know of the C86 cassette, then we can be friends!
(edited 9 years ago)
Been listening to a **** ton of Flying Lotus, MF DOOM (well, technically, Madvillain, but yeah), Asking Alexandria, J Dilla and A Day to Remember. Also, a bit of Taylor Swift, a bit of Kanye, a bit of Slum Village (I'm putting them separate from Dilla, 'cos when I said Dilla, I meant "Donuts", which is purely instrumental), a bit of Issues, and then bits and bobs on Soundcloud. When it comes to work, I'm usually making music myself, since I'm studying Music Production. However, when I'm doing written work, all of the above and whatever else I'm feeling at the time. I don't really stick to a genre for working. I don't really get it. Might lean more towards instrumental stuff, but still.
I love House and slow songs.
Are you guys fond of listening to any hip pop music and what you think about the genre?
@RafxAdidas i like to listen to hip hop artists such as kanye west and jay z. overall the hip hop genre is very intriguing as its different from mainstream music.
Reply 34
@Rafxadidas Yes I love to listen hip hop music and I love the genre. However, I do not like Kanye West because of his overall attitude. Artist such as Kendrick and Childish Gambino and etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Sometimes however I cannot help but put on some Roxy Music or The Beatles, or an album that I've never listened to before that I want to check out. That includes heavy metal albums, most recently 'Peace Sells' which turned out to be pretty good.

I absolutely adore that album. One of my favourites; I listen to it at least once a week.
Reply 36
I listen to a variety of music, anything from 90s hip hop/ rap to pop punk
Anything from indie rock to dance music. Apart from heavy metal, classical, country.

Latest