The Student Room Group

Poor GCSE and still want to get into mediicne

Scroll to see replies

I know a guy who got 1 A*, 2 As and 8 Bs who wants to go into medicine (direct entry). He and I could both tell you now that he's not on track to get 4 As at AS or even close to it. Without being rude, I have tried to tell him his chances are quite slim, but he doesn't seem to take notice. I don't think this is normal, right? How would you go about telling him and making sure it sticks so that he ups his game? Without being too rude.
Original post by Economistician
I know a guy who got 1 A*, 2 As and 8 Bs who wants to go into medicine (direct entry). He and I could both tell you now that he's not on track to get 4 As at AS or even close to it. Without being rude, I have tried to tell him his chances are quite slim, but he doesn't seem to take notice. I don't think this is normal, right? How would you go about telling him and making sure it sticks so that he ups his game? Without being too rude.

Better to focus on your own studies. You have already tried to talk to him about it, you cannot force him to do anything. If he wants to try for med school it is up to him to motivate himself, otherwise he will struggle on the degree itself without you or someone else there to make him 'up his game'. A defining trait of most successful medical applicants is a high degree of determination and self-motivation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending