The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Applying to London College of Fashion

Hi,

I've sent off my UCAS application to study Hair and Make-Up for Fashion at LCF. I was just wandering who if anyone else is applying? be good to talk about it.

:smile:
Hello :smile:

I haven't applied for the same course as you but I've applied for BSc Advanced Beauty Technology :smile: I also had an interview at LCF for BA Makeup and Prosthetics for Performance in 2013 so if there's any questions you want to ask then go ahead :biggrin:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey! I am currently studying an art foudnation year and I have also applied to LCF for Makeup and Prosthetics for Performance! I have to submit an online portfolio within 2 weeks, do you know what work they love and how was your interview process? I have also applied to Bournemouth and havent head anything yet :frown: x
Reply 3
Original post by charliiewood

I haven't applied for the same course as you but I've applied for BSc Advanced Beauty Technology :smile: I also had an interview at LCF for BA Makeup and Prosthetics for Performance in 2013 so if there's any questions you want to ask then go ahead :biggrin:

Hi, Yes please!! I'm at the stage where I need to send 15 images as part as a portfolio to LCF and I have never been so nervous :s-smilie: ha.

What did you include in your portfolio? And what was the interview process like?
Try not to worry guys :smile: At the time I applied I was studying photography so I included general photographs, photos of makeup I had done on models and some drawings. I think at this stage they're just looking for creativity :smile:

My interview was at the Lime Grove campus in Shepherds Bush, I had to bring an A2 portfolio of the images I'd sent them.
There was 2 tutors in the interview, I think one was head of makeup and another was from a different department. When I got there they took the portfolio off me and told me to wait in another room for 20 mins while they looked at it in private. Then they called me in for the interview. They asked me to talk about a few of my favourite images and then asked general questions such as why I wanted to do the course, what I could bring to the course, what I wanted to do career wise etc, the questions themselves weren't too hard and the whole thing felt quite relaxed :smile: They were filling out a form with my answers as I was talking.

One point that really stuck out for me though was that they kept emphasising how important drawing skills were, I assumed they'd want to see more of my makeup skills so I included mostly photos in the portfolio but I'd advise you to try and put in quite a few original drawings too, maybe some makeup designs etc :smile:

Charlie
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by charliiewood

Hey!
I've applied for this course and if I get an interview I'm just confused about what sort of stuff they want us to take down? Can your designs be on any size? Most of mine are in a4 books, and as far as makeup goes, do they want that included (realisation)? Can you give me an example of what they expect in a portfolio that you take in?x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 95Megan_louise
Hey!
I've applied for this course and if I get an interview I'm just confused about what sort of stuff they want us to take down? Can your designs be on any size? Most of mine are in a4 books, and as far as makeup goes, do they want that included (realisation)? Can you give me an example of what they expect in a portfolio that you take in?x

No they didn't say you HAVE to include makeup, I just thought it was appropriate :smile: My portfolio was A2 size so quite big, I think they're looking for good sizes prints and presenting them in a proper portfolio folder looks more professional, you could mount your A4 pieces onto a larger piece of card maybe? Have you been asked to send them some digital copies first? They asked for a mixture of real drawings and photography etc- I think the more forms of creative media you include, the better. Good luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending