The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography as a career.

I am a second year BSc Anthropology student primarily focused on Biological Anthropology however I realise that jobs within Anthropology are few and far between. I'm interested in looking into Diagnostic Radiography as a possible masters route to follow as it may allow me to follow my love for science and anatomy in a realistic manor.

I want to know whether Diagnostic Radiography is intellectually interesting and challenging as a career? Do you actually get an input in diagnostics ? or is it primarily just operating CT scanners etc.. The science behind Radiography looks extremely interesting including both the physics and the biology side of it however I'm not sure how much science a diagnostic radiographer actually works with.

If anyone who works within this field or studies it could fill me in I would be extremely thankful.
You might be better off posting on the Diagnostic Radiography 2015 thread. Whilst this was started for those of us who are applying for entry 2015 as undergraduates there are some very helpful qualified radiographers and existing students that post sometimes and may be on hand to offer advice.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest