The Student Room Group

I'm really stressed out and scared, somebody who has took an alevel language at GCSE?

So basically i have started my revision for my GCSE's now and I've been focusing primarily on Maths and Science in terms of my mocks as they are by far the hardest. I find English to come quite naturally so i haven't had to do much revision for that or History or Geography either. However, i took my Spanish mock three days ago and although i had kind of forgotten about it and hadn't done any revision apart from a rushed hour the night before, i'm usually quite good at Spanish and have an a/a* controlled assessment portfolio. However, it was so hard! I didn't really understand it and guessed pretty much the whole paper. I really want to know how to secure an A/A* grade at GCSE, what techniques are effective for revising for your listening and reading papers. Its the Edexcel GCSE board Btw. I'm really worried as I feel like i'm not gonna pass. Would be helpful to know how anybody in my situation revised for their exams and got a good grade!:smile:
BTW Ignore the title - it wont change, i meant at GCSE:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Imsophie
So basically i have started my revision for my GCSE's now and I've been focusing primarily on Maths and Science in terms of my mocks as they are by far the hardest. I find English to come quite naturally so i haven't had to do much revision for that or History or Geography either. However, i took my Spanish mock three days ago and although i had kind of forgotten about it and hadn't done any revision apart from a rushed hour the night before, i'm usually quite good at Spanish and have an a/a* controlled assessment portfolio. However, it was so hard! I didn't really understand it and guessed pretty much the whole paper. I really want to know how to secure an A/A* grade at GCSE, what techniques are effective for revising for your listening and reading papers. Its the Edexcel GCSE board Btw. I'm really worried as I feel like i'm not gonna pass. Would be helpful to know how anybody in my situation revised for their exams and got a good grade!:smile:
BTW Ignore the title - it wont change, i meant at GCSE:smile:

Learn all the vocab from each past paper and collate all other vocab and learn it.

Buena suerte !
I did French GCSE and got A*.
I always hated speaking, but I got my teacher to record what I had to learn so that I could make sure I had the right pronunciation.
Making vocab lists for each topic and revising grammar really helps with the writing - think of a few key ideas in different tenses that you can get in there as well to boost your mark up.
For listening, listen to Spanish radio or singers or watch Spanish DVDs as it will tune your ear to Spanish speakers and really help you to be able to distinguish what they say in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending