The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
_GUESS_
just had a question...

do unis offer interviews during the christmas holidays?...

I wouldn't have thought so, because all the uni staff have holidays too...
Reply 141
Interview Hull York 7th February
Reply 142
I wouldn't have thought so, because all the uni staff have holidays too...

ive seen some ppl have interviews on the 20th of december
Reply 143
St.Georges 19th December :O!
Reply 144
I got an interview at Lancaster!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Was supposed to be on Dec 13th, but I have an exam that day, so will have to be rearranged for February :frown: I guess it gives me more of a chance to prepare though.
Reply 145
Good luck, guys!
Reply 146
Congrats to everyone who has heard from unis! You're one step closer. Can't wait for the xmas hols just to destress!
Reply 147
i got 19.5 for my BMAT , thing is i got 6.1 for section 1, but only 4.4 for section 2....
Does that mean even though i got 19.5 it wont really matter as I didn't get over 4.5 in section 2? So far I've only got an interview from cambridge and that came before the BMAT was out. Nothing from Bristol, imperial or UCl. why do i get the feelin im screwed.....
Wow 3 BMAT universities, scary!
Reply 149
I respect those who chose unis which require the BMAT! I didn't choose any for that precise reason...too worried I'd fail!
Reply 150
Frenchy
I respect those who chose unis which require the BMAT! I didn't choose any for that precise reason...too worried I'd fail!

haha exactly the same, once i saw the BMAT leaflet they give out on open days etc, I knew i wasn't going to apply to any BMAT med schools! :p:
Reply 151
And so many of my friends came out saying it was horrible! No regrets!
Reply 152
^.. I only did BMAT for UCL cuz I love it! Wish I hadn't now :frown: ..Pending rejection from there :rolleyes:

I want an interview.. people in my school have had 3 interviews already and I'm on zilch ..hmph not fair!
Reply 153
K.A.06
i got 19.5 for my BMAT , thing is i got 6.1 for section 1, but only 4.4 for section 2....
Does that mean even though i got 19.5 it wont really matter as I didn't get over 4.5 in section 2? So far I've only got an interview from cambridge and that came before the BMAT was out. Nothing from Bristol, imperial or UCl. why do i get the feelin im screwed.....

I got 4.4 on sections 1 and 2 and 12 on section 3, so even though I scored over 19 in total (i.e. the UCL threshold) I didn't meet their minimum of 4.5 in sections one or two. However, I am now the proud recipient of an offer from UCL despite this. Really I wouldn't worry, you came really close to their boundary. It is definatly not a case where if you (just) miss it you're "screwed", it is mearly a means to pick out the really really strong candidates from us normal lot. BMAT is still a relatively new selection process, they can't trust it 100% yet. I'm sure you'll be fine

good luck
Reply 154
Have any non-grad and non-international students got interviews from manchester yet?
Frenchy
Have any non-grad and non-international students got interviews from manchester yet?

Yeah, there's quite a few on newmediamedicine. The first interviews were held at the end of November. They run till April though, so no need to stress and they seem to be giving everyone about a months notice.
Reply 156
ahhh kl :smile:
Reply 157
i've also applied for medicine but havnt heard nthng form any universities yet..:frown: .except an aknowlegement letter frm cardiff..:confused:

ive applied to cardiff, leicester, sheffield and keele...ne1 heard from leicester???:frown:
Yea I have my leicester interview on friday :eek: I'm sure yours will come through soon they are probably doing it alphabetically or something because i think they interview most people - i heard somewhere x

Latest

Trending

Trending