The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel English Language - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hogree
Just checked - King Schariar and Explorers or boys messing about.

thankyou
Reply 61
Just to let anyone who is doing last-minute revision on anthology texts know, this Youtube channel has some stunning videos on almost all of the anthology for Paper 1. Including Webpage I mentioned on the last page. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYP8EYdwLgeZ2CcvK42CybA/videos

And this one is for "Polo" since it's not on that channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmYOpyijbA
Original post by hogree
Just to let anyone who is doing last-minute revision on anthology texts know, this Youtube channel has some stunning videos on almost all of the anthology for Paper 1. Including Webpage I mentioned on the last page. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYP8EYdwLgeZ2CcvK42CybA/videos

And this one is for "Polo" since it's not on that channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmYOpyijbA

These are brilliant, thank you so much.
Top Tip:

If you're aiming fro an A/A*, try to comment on the STRUCTURE.
E.g. Link to title, the beginning compared to the ending, the use of subheadings (Climate change), the repetition (A passage to Africa), Mathilde's development (The Necklace) etc.
Original post by Ruby.d
Yes we do need to give the address and lay everything out properly, below is an example

London Evening Standard

Attention: Letters to the Editor

Evening Standard Ltd

2 Derry Street

London W8 5TT

United Kingdom On the 28th August 2014 your newspaper published an article about a young woman whom was sexuallyassaulted “Defiant student groped and beaten at Carnival shows off herinjuries ‘to stand up for women’ I am writing in to argue on the case ofwomen having to stand up for themselves.What kind of world are daughterbrought up into? A corrupt world filled with perverted men. Why do we timeafter time allow men to get away with this disgusting attitude towardswomen? And the question I ask myself everyday- Why are women seen as sexual objects to men? I am tired of hearing storiesafter stories about situations where innocent girls and young women are beingapproached by “man eaters”. Afterhearing yet another vile sexual attack I have had enough. May I remind you allthat we are living in the 21st century, a place where women and menshould live equally in peace. Mary Brandon should not have to face the idioticcomments such as Dave Mitchell saying “She put it on herself, she shouldn’tattract other men in wearing miniskirts and lots of makeup” and Tom Cochranesaying “She must have been dancing inappropriately and as a student she shouldbe at home or at university studying at 5.30pm, not partying”. I believe womenshould have the freedom the wear the clothes of their choice, it is a freecountry. I also believe that this kind of sexual assault/ groping isunpredictable, no matter how covered up a women might be nothing could changewhat is going through the man’s head at that time. So as a confidentindependent woman i think that we shouldn’t always put the blame on the women. From researching on this topic Igathered that according to RAINN (rape abuse incest national network) 17.6%women are raped or attempted raped in a lifetime. This is a horrifying number.We shouldn’t have to teach women defence martial arts for protection. Women should be able to walk in the streetscomfortable without the eyes of middle-aged men staring. In a attempt to appeal to thosewhom care about this issue I would like to help raise awareness on this matter.The more the word goes around the more men come to their senses. Whilst I amstill speaking out for these victims I would be grateful if any suspiciousbehaviour was reported to the police for the benefit our living in peace andfor a better world. Will you continue to accept these imbecilescorrupt our world?

Sincerely,Ruby…..
Cranbrook school
School address and contact details go here

Is the address supposed to be that of England's? Since I'm not from there.
Reply 65
Original post by boundlessea
Is the address supposed to be that of England's? Since I'm not from there.

No haha. anywhere is fine i guess. im not sure
Original post by Ruby.d
No haha. anywhere is fine i guess. im not sure

Or maybe we should write something like:
'P.O Box XXXXX
London XX XXX
England'? orz.
Original post by GCSEStudent903
Climate Change the facts + Veronica

Are u sure Climate change will come ? Please help me?
Anyone doing the R paper tomorrow? would be helpful if anyone do
Reply 69
Original post by rasheed1999
Are u sure Climate change will come ? Please help me?

Cannot be sure, but it is possible since it has never been done before. Other likely options are Greenpeace Webpage, A Game of Polo, Touching the Void, Passage of Africa
Original post by hogree
Cannot be sure, but it is possible since it has never been done before. Other likely options are Greenpeace Webpage, A Game of Polo, Touching the Void, Passage of Africa

Thank u very much! Wat time is ur exam starting?
UK time afternoon
Thank u very much! Wat time is ur exam starting?

We are all (should) start at approximately 9:00 am. It might differ it you are doing a different paper.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andyest99
We are all (should) start at approximately 9:00 am. It might differ it you are doing a different paper.

9am to wat time? Please tell me

9:00am -- 135 Minutes.

9am to 11:15

11:15,the exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes, so like I said earlier it depends on when you start.
Original post by ShadowHz
UK time afternoon

Afternoon wat time?
What do you hope the writing question for section c would be? ( letter, creative, to persuade).

Also if we are the year who are curesed with Tygre and Climate Change. What do you think the section B writing question would be, as they are often based of the anthology passage.
11:15,the exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes, so like I said earlier it depends on when you start.

Your in UK yea?
What do you hope the writing question for section c would be? ( letter, creative, to persuade).

Also if we are the year who are curesed with Tygre and Climate Change. What do you think the section B writing question would be, as they are often based of the anthology passage.

I think it will be Passage to Africa or Climate Change surely! Study both of them and go! Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending