The Student Room Group

Sciences Po Paris undergrad admission 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Reims as well, and had my interview there! - Don't worry, keep your nerves under control and you'll be fine! Let me know how it goes!:smile:
Original post by pitatuna1
I applied to Reims as well, and had my interview there! - Don't worry, keep your nerves under control and you'll be fine! Let me know how it goes!:smile:

Thanks I will! Can i ask who was interviewing you? Like was Mrs.Jaquet the pricipal of reims there? 😃sorry im just curious:smile: and where are you from? I'm from prague :smile:
Reply 42
If you don't mind me asking, but what type of article was it? Did you just need to discuss the argument or form a coherent position on the article?!? How long did you need to speak for?

Also, what random and difficult questions did they ask you in the interview? Would really appreciate your help 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pitatuna1
Hi! The interview didn't go badly (I think):biggrin: -- but I can't stop thinking about things I brought up during the discussion!!:s-smilie: The panel really tests your nerves! How about you, did you get invited for an interview?? :smile: And if so, at what campus?

Hey!:smile:

Where did you have it?I had it also few days ago.
Reply 44
To those that have already had the interview, like some other have already said, I would really appreciate if you could go into a few details about the interview (mine is tomorrow, the 25th!). How was the presentation? Was the article's subject matter really challenging? I wonder what kind of questions they ask and if they are really hard on you. I’d really appreciate your help. Thanks :smile:
Original post by hache
To those that have already had the interview, like some other have already said, I would really appreciate if you could go into a few details about the interview (mine is tomorrow, the 25th!). How was the presentation? Was the article's subject matter really challenging? I wonder what kind of questions they ask and if they are really hard on you. I’d really appreciate your help. Thanks :smile:

I had this one.They may ask every kind of a question.You must be up to date about current events.

http://www.europeanvoice.com/article/greece-finds-no-solidarity-in-club-med/

They may ask every kind of a question so be prepared.You must really be up to date about current major events.Well it's not easy for sure but it depends.Best of luck!
P.S
Which campus are you applying for?
Reply 46
Thanks Giorgio! Are you Greek? Or do they just ask about any random European issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dbrin
Thanks Giorgio! Are you Greek? Or do they just ask about any random European issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I am not.yes it depends which campus you are applying for.the article comes about the region of your campus I guess.
Hi! Does anyone know approximately how long they take to respond after the interview? It's been two weeks, which is how long they said they'd take. :/
Original post by flubber14
Hi! Does anyone know approximately how long they take to respond after the interview? It's been two weeks, which is how long they said they'd take. :/

I've heard it can take up to a month :/
Original post by Pravda12000
I've heard it can take up to a month :/

The wait is really getting to me.. Especially since my interview didn't go off well :/
But thanks! :smile:
The wait is really getting to me.. Especially since my interview didn't go off well :/
But thanks! :smile:

I tottaly get it, must be stressful, but I'm sure that you'll be surprised in the end:smile: the jury that decided isnt the same one that interviewed you. And they look over all parts of the application :smile:
I tottaly get it, must be stressful, but I'm sure that you'll be surprised in the end:smile: the jury that decided isnt the same one that interviewed you. And they look over all parts of the application :smile:

I thought admission was based mostly on the interview? Do they not view all candidates equally from the interview stage?
I thought admission was based mostly on the interview? Do they not view all candidates equally from the interview stage?

Oh no, not from the information I got from the french institut here. Some candidates are sure to be addmited even before the interview. For the others, the jury that interviewed them will write feedback on the interview , and i think that will serve as further information added to your candidature. On their site it also says that there is a Jury in paris that decides who will get in, and that they convene every month.
This is how it was explained to me
Reply 54
Oh no, not from the information I got from the french institut here. Some candidates are sure to be addmited even before the interview. For the others, the jury that interviewed them will write feedback on the interview , and i think that will serve as further information added to your candidature. On their site it also says that there is a Jury in paris that decides who will get in, and that they convene every month.

Yes and just to clarify , a man from science po came at my school ( French School) for a presentation and said that most of the time the decision is already made before the interview! The interview is something to see if they made the right choice based on your grades motivation and reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Would it be possible to defer an undergraduate single degree at one of the satellite campuses? Or not? I can't find any information in that, does someone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had a UCL - Science Po interview? Mine's on Wednesday and I'm quite nervous. Have no clue what to expect.....how do they test your general knowledge? Do they ask you to explain what is going on in the news?

Oh wow. Quite complicated. I hope I hear back this week. Thanks for the clarifications! Good luck with your interviews! :smile:
Oh and feel free to ask me any specific questions about the interview! I know how I felt before, no amount of knowledge or preparation seemed like enough.
Oh and feel free to ask me any specific questions about the interview! I know how I felt before, no amount of knowledge or preparation seemed like enough.

Thanks flubber :smile: it feels like the interview is a bit about luck, I have to really review the current state of the US economy, commenting an article on that would be a disaster :biggrin: I really hope that we get the chance to meet at sciencespo and laugh about this :biggrin:

Quick Reply