The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Physical Education (PE) - June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bethanwhitexx
Hi, im taking the As exam and the A2 exam!! has anyone got any theories on what might be coming up in both the exams?!?!

hopefully we get a nice paper!!

Hi, what modules are you studying for AS and A2?
for AS, its anatomy and physiology(A), acquiring movement skills (B), and socio-cultural studies relating to participation in physical activity.
for A2 Comparative studies, sports psychology, and exercise and sports physiology
Reply 22
for AS, its anatomy and physiology(A), acquiring movement skills (B), and socio-cultural studies relating to participation in physical activity.
for A2 Comparative studies, sports psychology, and exercise and sports physiology

Kool, I'm doing the exact same modules as you. Are you prepared for both exams??
Hey, I'm doing history, psychology and physiology for A2 and wandering if anyone has any predictions? So much to study!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by N.Choi
Kool, I'm doing the exact same modules as you. Are you prepared for both exams??

yes I think so! just not really for the comparative! so much to remember!! AS im okay just always struggle to get the right exam language in to get the marks! how about you?

Original post by DarrylMcG
Hey, I'm doing history, psychology and physiology for A2 and wandering if anyone has any predictions? So much to study!

for A2 I feel the 20 marker for exercise phys is going to be on strength! could be training programme or just all aspects of strength and testing? only because it has never come up before
Any for psychology mate? And yeah defiantly think that too!!
Reply 26
yes I think so! just not really for the comparative! so much to remember!! AS im okay just always struggle to get the right exam language in to get the marks! how about you?

for A2 I feel the 20 marker for exercise phys is going to be on strength! could be training programme or just all aspects of strength and testing? only because it has never come up before

I'm quite prepared for physiology and psychology. I think I need to go through all of the models again such as self-efficacy and sports confidence for psychology. Comparative studies is probably my weakest area out of the three, I'm hoping that the 20 marker won't be a case study!
Yeah I think that for psychology too! Also achievement motivation hasn't came up ever and personality was last asked in 2010, what you think?
Reply 28
Yeah I think that for psychology too! Also achievement motivation hasn't came up ever and personality was last asked in 2010, what you think?

I haven't done the recent papers yet, but I wouldn't mind personality types as the 20 mark question. With physiology and anatomy, energy systems would probably come up and also developing training programmes. How is the historical module going on??

There isn't a whole lot to ask on achievement motivation is the thing. My teacher is predicting self confidence of some sorts.

Original post by N.Choi
I haven't done the recent papers yet, but I wouldn't mind personality types as the 20 mark question. With physiology and anatomy, energy systems would probably come up and also developing training programmes. How is the historical module going on??

I too, think our one is going to be on a programme of some sorts as I believe the last 2 weren't. There was an amazing one of body composition that I personally would love to get but I'm going to make a programme template for each components of fitness for prep.

I wish we did biomechanics...
I find it so hard to revise psychology!! just so many theories and all this group cohesion stuff :frown:( hopefully I will finish comparative studies revision today and then start the past papers. I reaaaaallly don't want a 20 marker on the case studies!
my teacher reckons the 20 marker will be strength or devise a training programme... :frown: im awful at these!!!
i am feeling okay, however my psychology tracher seems to think that the 20 marker will be on goal setting as that is the only 'critically evaluate' spec point that has never came up, my physiology teacher thinks strength fitness programme and my history one thinks something about on of the programmes such as model course will pop up??!
bricking it for tomorrow ffs
Reply 33
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
bricking it for tomorrow ffs

Lol, atm I'm just making plans for the 20 mark questions. What do you think might come up?
Original post by N.Choi
Lol, atm I'm just making plans for the 20 mark questions. What do you think might come up?

Strength and self efficacy
Feeling quite prepared, but my Psychology teachers seems to think Confidence could be the 20 marker, Physiological said it will most likely be a training programme and comparative studies seems to think it will be rugby, cricket or one of the Big 4
Original post by jesstincase
Feeling quite prepared, but my Psychology teachers seems to think Confidence could be the 20 marker, Physiological said it will most likely be a training programme and comparative studies seems to think it will be rugby, cricket or one of the Big 4

Well u predicted right!
how did everyone find the exam?
Was quite hard
1 c and d were a bit too specific for my liking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest