The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Just thought I'd set up this thread so that we can start building a group of people for the exam in June.

If you do A2 ICT then please join in on this. Share past papers or questions etc so that we can start to get our grades higher.

A revision thread really helped for my AS so I think this will also be beneficial if we use this for revision aswell. ))))))

INFO 3 is stuff with the pre release and question paper
INFO 4 is coursework

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danwilliams33
Just thought I'd set up this thread so that we can start building a group of people for the exam in June.

If you do A2 ICT then please join in on this. Share past papers or questions etc so that we can start to get our grades higher.

A revision thread really helped for my AS so I think this will also be beneficial if we use this for revision aswell. ))))))

INFO 3 is stuff with the pre release and question paper
INFO 4 is coursework

Hello, I am currently doing AS ICT and i was wondering if you have any notes for the units that i could use or any other useful resources.?
Original post by FREYA2898
Hello, I am currently doing AS ICT and i was wondering if you have any notes for the units that i could use or any other useful resources.?

Personally don't, but if you type in something like "AS AQA ICT info 1/2 revision notes" on google you should be able to find some quite easily. Word of advice, revise info 1 moreeeee. I got a high A in info 2 but got a C in info 1 :frown: im retaking info 1 this year!!
Hi people, who has completed the coursework?
Original post by sanju-thala
Hi people, who has completed the coursework?

The INFO 4 coursework???
Yes, the info 4. When is the deadline?
Where is everyone up to on their coursework? Our class is starting to make their systems now.. we're behind because our teachers kept change (around 4-5 times) :frown:
our class is going to start the testing. We are still behind schedule.
Reply 8
What is IT A-level like? Is it really independent?
Original post by sanju-thala
Yes, the info 4. When is the deadline?

My one is 2nd April but think it just depends on the teacher?? Whens yours?
my one is the 14th april. Wheres your class at?
Hi, I'm doing info 4 at the moment and I'm really stuck on section 3 where it talks about training requirements as in my guide book, it says that you should do it in a table form. Any ideas??
I put the training requirements in a paragraph or two. Explaining what training they require and how it will affect the company in the long run aswell
I did my A2 Course work with my AS-Exams and got an A. Now im just focusing on my A2 exam this year. Any-tips for that? Many Thanks

Also when is the pre-released material coming out.
seems like its really hard to get an a in info 4
or maybe my teacher is a super harsh marker

hows everyone else doing
Original post by ThatGuyRik
I did my A2 Course work with my AS-Exams and got an A. Now im just focusing on my A2 exam this year. Any-tips for that? Many Thanks

Also when is the pre-released material coming out.

should come out about 2 weeks before the exam.. so maybe early june?
pre release material for INFO3 exam usually comes out around mid March.
Deadlines for INFO4 will vary depending on your teacher and your school but they have to be submitted to the exam boards by around 10th May or thereabouts. I make sure my students have virtually completed before Easter and then just improvements over the holidays.
Do sections 11-14 from the AQA Textbook come up in the A2 Exam(INFO3) or is that purely for the course work. As im just revising the textbook, making condensed notes etc from sections 1-10 and doing past papers.

If someone could reply that would be great thanks!
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Do sections 11-14 from the AQA Textbook come up in the A2 Exam(INFO3) or is that purely for the course work. As im just revising the textbook, making condensed notes etc from sections 1-10 and doing past papers.

If someone could reply that would be great thanks!

i think its purely coursework but its good to know it anyway so you can apply it to other questions! its all linked up :smile:
Original post by seffyhully
i think its purely coursework but its good to know it anyway so you can apply it to other questions! its all linked up :smile:

Okay thanks then im probably gonna go through it a few times but not revise it thoroughly and waste my time as ive already done info4 and got my grade.

Quick Reply

Latest