The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCLUTech members, would value information!

Hi,

I've firmed UCL for MEng Computer Science for entry next year and am currently on the fence as to whether or not to reapply for my original target. One of the things that really appealed to me at my other choice was their department of computing's society and all of the technological and social opportunities available through it.

I really do like the course at UCL but am a little worried about other prospects while there.

Couldn't find much information about UCLUTech, keep checking the website which is down.

Some information from current members would be greatly appreciated! What have you been able to do in the past year? What tech have you been able to toy with? LAN Events? Etc.

Thanks much in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Iridann
Hi,

I've firmed UCL for MEng Computer Science for entry next year and am currently on the fence as to whether or not to reapply for my original target. One of the things that really appealed to me at my other choice was their department of computing's society and all of the technological and social opportunities available through it.

I really do like the course at UCL but am a little worried about other prospects while there.

Couldn't find much information about UCLUTech, keep checking the website which is down.

Some information from current members would be greatly appreciated! What have you been able to do in the past year? What tech have you been able to toy with? LAN Events? Etc.

Thanks much in advance! :smile:

Hey, we spoke ages ago about CS. When I applied in Sept. I knew I'd accept any offers I got from Cambs, Imp, or UCL. Imperial's DoCSoc did look good, but a lot of those things (hackathons etc.) are available all over London, especially at Imp, UCL, and KCL I believe it was. Pretty sure anyone is free to go. In terms of job prospects, Imperial *is* better, however UCL is still pretty damn good! Also, there's not the infamous gender ratio to worry about at UCL...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending