The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiapedleyx
it'll definitely come through soon! don't panic! :smile::smile:

ugh i really hope so :frown: so which course do you think you're going to go for?? :smile:
Original post by sophmole
ugh i really hope so :frown: so which course do you think you're going to go for?? :smile:

I really don't know! I'm so torn! I had an offer for both the same courses in Bristol BIMM too but I definitely want to go to Manchester.
Ive got until the 6th May to decide, just going to think hard about it over the next week or so and then decide! So excited now though! :biggrin:
Reply 82
I really don't know! I'm so torn! I had an offer for both the same courses in Bristol BIMM too but I definitely want to go to Manchester.
Ive got until the 6th May to decide, just going to think hard about it over the next week or so and then decide! So excited now though! :biggrin:

I got an offer for events management, but looking at the courses now I really want to do music business. I think music business opens a lot more doors than what event management does, because with music business you can still go into the events industry but also lots of other industrys too x
Original post by Staceeeey1
I got an offer for events management, but looking at the courses now I really want to do music business. I think music business opens a lot more doors than what event management does, because with music business you can still go into the events industry but also lots of other industrys too x

i agree! i was toying between the two at first but then realised that i'm actually only interested in music events rather than sports and other events which the course focuses on. music business lets you study events as well as quite a few other aspects of the music industry, i think it will definitely open a lot of doors :smile:
i agree! i was toying between the two at first but then realised that i'm actually only interested in music events rather than sports and other events which the course focuses on. music business lets you study events as well as quite a few other aspects of the music industry, i think it will definitely open a lot of doors :smile:

exactly what i was thinking, i'm definitely going to keep looking over the both until i make my final decision because i dont want to rush it, but i think i'll probably go for the music business to be honest :smile:
I've been looking at student accommodation, I think I want to stay at Parkway gate, although its more expensive than the student village, its a lot better and it looks nicer than medlock house even thought theyre the same company, plus i really want a double bed! haha
I've been looking at student accommodation, I think I want to stay at Parkway gate, although its more expensive than the student village, its a lot better and it looks nicer than medlock house even thought theyre the same company, plus i really want a double bed! haha

yeah i researched everywere and thought parkway gate definitely looks the best quality and value for money! i haven't seen a bad review about it either, and a 5 minute walk away from bimm which is ideal really :smile: and yeah it looks much newer and nicer than medlock house
Reply 87
Original post by Dillonski
I've accepted my offer to do Professional Musicianship (Guitar) at Manchester! :smile:

I'm looking at Student Village, Liberty point and Victoria point. I'm gonna go check them out sometime :smile:

What did you have to do in the assessment?
Original post by j.w.r
What did you have to do in the assessment?

The assessment is good and it's nothing to worry about :smile:

You perform a piece of your choice and then after that it's general assessment of your playing. I was asked to play an A Major chord in as many different positions as possible (make sure you know your CAGED chords and you'll be fine), clap out a notated rhythm, explain my knowledge of modal scales and improvise over a 12 bar blues.

When you apply they send you an email with what to prepare though so nothing to worry about :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
yeah i researched everywere and thought parkway gate definitely looks the best quality and value for money! i haven't seen a bad review about it either, and a 5 minute walk away from bimm which is ideal really :smile: and yeah it looks much newer and nicer than medlock house

yeah, definitely think im going to try and stay at parkway gate, going to speak to my mam later and see what she thinks :smile: you can book in groups too there so you can stay with who you want.
yeah, definitely think im going to try and stay at parkway gate, going to speak to my mam later and see what she thinks :smile: you can book in groups too there so you can stay with who you want.

same :smile: and yeah i know! should deffo get as many people from bimm staying in a flat together :tongue: if any of you have facebook btw add me https://www.facebook.com/sophdamole
same :smile: and yeah i know! should deffo get as many people from bimm staying in a flat together :tongue: if any of you have facebook btw add me https://www.facebook.com/sophdamole

yes definitely! ive been reading over the courses and i think i'm going to go for the events management, was the first course i wanted to do so i think im going to stick with my first instinct :smile: yeah everyone add me too https://www.facebook.com/georgia.pedley :smile:
yes definitely! ive been reading over the courses and i think i'm going to go for the events management, was the first course i wanted to do so i think im going to stick with my first instinct :smile: yeah everyone add me too https://www.facebook.com/georgia.pedley :smile:

always good to go with your instict :smile: the events management still looks a mint course
god i'm feeling so impatient waiting for bimm to reply now haha! seems like the only one who hasn't had an offer yet :frown:
always good to go with your instict :smile: the events management still looks a mint course
god i'm feeling so impatient waiting for bimm to reply now haha! seems like the only one who hasn't had an offer yet :frown:

dont panic :smile: im sure you'll get an offer! its only been two weeks! i was panicking so much, no one else on my course has had an offer from any university yet and theyve got until may to reply :smile:
Does anyone here know when BIMM goes on the Student Finance website? I've heard before it takes around a month for BIMM to show on the list but I'm not sure. Hopefully soon! :smile:
Reply 95
https://www.facebook.com/staxturner You can all add me on facebook too if you'd like :smile:
Reply 96
I think i'm definitely going to try and stay at parkway gate!
got an offer today finally!!! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest