The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Army Reserve in Durham

Good evening all. As it stands I'm leaving the Regular Army to study at Durham this year. Is there anybody out there, currently studying at Durham, that is a member of a local Army Reserve unit? Or potentially planning to do the same?
I'll hopefully be studying at Durham this year. What is it you're going to do? I'm joining my local reserves unit next week and hope to transfer to the UOTC in Durham.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Ah that's a shame. I've no interest in commissioning, I just want the army reserve money!
Original post by Maturestudent
Ah that's a shame. I've no interest in commissioning, I just want the army reserve money!

Oh fair enough haha!
I was thinking of going into the reserve during my first year if I get in
Original post by Puffin Boffin
I was thinking of going into the reserve during my first year if I get in

Well you'll have to keep me informed, have you looked at any of the local units?
Yea probably would join the Fusiliers since it's really close other than that 4 para are a bit further away and so are the engineers wich could be good be a good option. Realistically though the distance of those are a bit far so Fusiliers is the main option. Have you looked at any of the local units?
Are you ex-reg? There's loads of units within 15 miles. I'm going to have a look when I go up for the open day.
No but I've always wanted to join the reserve and during uni seems like a good time to join. What have you applied for?
I have an unconditional for history with a foundation year. I've firmed it. Have you had any news yet? The financial incentives for a student are incredible.
Cool Ive got an offer for economics, what college have you applied to?
Quality, good luck. Urmm I left it open, as I never really understood it all, I'm now beginning to regret that. The wait to find out will be over soon though. What college have you applied for?
Fair enough lol I'm sure it will be fine since it seems quite a lot of people have left it open. I've applied to University because if the castle but I'll have to wait and see since I know it's quite competitive.
I believe it's the most oversubscribed. Are you going to the offer holder open days?
Yea I think so, I am waiting to see which college I get first since it's quite a distance for me to travel. (From Wales)
Tell me about it. I live in ****ing Southampton!
Haha fair enough lol!!
Ah well, you'll have to let me know and I'll organise a visit to a couple of local units.
Reply 18
The TA: Finding a home for has-beens and wannabes for 100 years.
Pfft I'll quite happily be a has-been for the money they wish to throw at me.

Quick Reply

Latest