The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Foundation centre applications and offer holders 2015

A thread dedicated to those of us who will be going through the foundation centre in autumn 2015.

I myself am going to be studying BA History with a foundation year.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maturestudent
A thread dedicated to those of us who will be going through the foundation centre in autumn 2015.

Hello, i was just about to make this thread and then i found you already started one :smile: I am an international student, i sent my application today for politics with foundation year. Very very nervous.
First of all congratulations for your offer ! :smile:
When did you apply ? And to which college ?

Anybody else applying for politics with foundation ? and any idea about when i can expect the university decision ?
I wasn't quite familiar with the whole application process but i m satisfied with my personal statement, and they didn't ask me for any previous grades, just IELTS score and this year's subjects.
Any international students applying to the foundation center ?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hello Omar, I applied back in October. I wasn't really aware of how the collegiate system worked when I made my application, so I've just left it open. What college have you applied for?
Hello Omar, I applied back in October. I wasn't really aware of how the collegiate system worked when I made my application, so I've just left it open. What college have you applied for?

I applied for Collingwood, because i heard they have a good reputation in sport and football especially and the whole college seems really friendly. But i dont want to think too far ahead and build on hopes while i have no idea if i stand a chance in getting accepted in the first place. I dont personally know anyone from here that has applied to a UK uni. and the whole thing was hard for me, i literally took months making my application and writing the statement. but the whole foundation centre team was really helpful whenever i sent them an email asking about anything. and that is another reason why i like durham so much.
From all that i read and see, durham is just fascinating and its reputation is outstanding. and i love the politics course and how flexible it is. definitely durham is my first choice, and i really hope i get accepted. congratulations again that you got accepted and i hope i see you next October :smile:
Likewise, so where are you from then?
Egypt :smile:
Good stuff, all the best with your application, I hope you get some good news soon!

I've applied for Business management with foundation year, really excited to hear back!

Also your username is mature student? I'll be a mature student too. I will be 23 when the course starts, how old will you be?
(edited 9 years ago)
It's more in a humorous way, I'll be 22 when the course starts.
Hello,

I`ve applied for physics with foundation, along with a other universities. Would love to get an offer from Durham though, looking forward to getting a response. I`ll be 26 when course starts :smile:
hey guys, when did you apply ?
I applied in early October Omar. Fortunately for me AJ Durham was my first choice, so when I received my unconditional I firmed it straight away .
My application went in on 15th January.
oh just like me, any idea about when we could expect a reply ?
Don't they have until late march to make their decision?
yeah i think so. have you been invited to an interview ?
They have until May 7th, but I think it will be within a month (going off other posts I have read).
I had a brief phonecall, I think it was some time in November, after that I heard nothing untill mid December. That in itself was great news as they told me I wouldn't hear anything untill January.
Applied for Politics with Foundation, will be 24 next October. Getting nervous now, application sent in at the end of December.
Hey Matt, have they E-mailed you to book a telephone interview?

Quick Reply

Latest