The Student Room Group

Why do people rewatch movies!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
To dive deeper into the story, pay attention to details, better understand how the director constructed the movie, etc.
There are many reasons.

This. Rewatching it can enable you to see things you didn't notice before and make it satisfying to watch. Plus some are just great movies.
Sometimes because there's more to see on re-viewing - the comment about Kubrick is right and there are others.

Sometimes because it just hits the spot - there are several films where I can watch, say, the opening ten minutes multiple times because they are so much better than the rest of the film. (Strictly Ballroom is one example.)

Sometimes its the visual equivalent of comfort food or an old friend.

Sometimes you get more from a second watch because you know what's going to happen.

Sometimes it's because I'm doing a fanedit.
Original post by suudsioee
i usually rewatch things cos ive forgotten what has happened.. or i reallllyy like the movie eg shes the man
That's the football one with Amanda Bynes & Channing Tatum isn't it? I like that one too :tongue:
Similar reason to why people listen to song multiple times I suppose.
Every DVD/Blu-ray I own I've watched more than once usually watch the smaller independent horror films, most of the mainstream films I see in cinema are usually crap as its just too much of nothingness so I don't tend to rewatch them.
I re-watch movies cause I wanna re-live the experience,sometimes I skip the boring parts.
I don't think watching epic movies like the LOTR trilogy and TDK trilogy once is enough! I must have watched these over five time and still don't find them boring!
I enjoy showing someone I like a film that I've watched before, in the same way that I'll happily go on holiday in the same perfect spot each year.
Some I rewatch because I really like them - used to watch either the anniversary or more recent version of Les Mis about once a fortnight.
Some because I've seen them so often, like Harry Potter or Pitch Perfect, so I don't need to pay that much attention and can just have them on while I work.
Some are just feelgood ones or a bit silly and light hearted like comedies and romcoms.
Reread books a lot, so why not rewatch films?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Normally if u forget the plot or u just want to see the best scenes again
Original post by suudsioee
i usually rewatch things cos ive forgotten what has happened.. or i reallllyy like the movie eg shes the man ������

I love that one too!! And We're the millers and Horrible bosses were hilarious too
Original post by Multitalented me
That's the football one with Amanda Bynes & Channing Tatum isn't it? I like that one too :tongue:

yes!! cant get enough ❤️
Because it's fun...duh..

Quick Reply

Latest