The Student Room Group

Foundation degree in Arts and Graphics or Degree course in G.Design

I am a bit confused with the whole UCAS thing and university courses, etc.

Last year I decided to join an Apprenticeship course which will give me a BTEC Level 3 in IT next month in February. I will also receive my Functional Skills Diploma Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT.

The thing is I don't know what type of course to do... I know that the deadline is tomorrow at 18:00 so I still have a few hours to send over my UCAS application but I don't know if this is the right choice for me.

I did some research on Foundation courses of one year in Arts and Design, which made me think if this is the right path to take since my qualification has nothing to do with Arts.

I have a portfolio with my artwork, designs and I also have a sketchbook with draws and designs I made in the last few years.

Should I forget about my UCAS application and apply for these 1 year courses and get a Foundation qualification?
Reply 1
Foundation course will give you the opportunity to explore different materials, develop your skills and give you valuable support with uni application.

I'm doing a foundation course right now, feel free to ask if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by AiiSuri
Foundation course will give you the opportunity to explore different materials, develop your skills and give you valuable support with uni application.

I'm doing a foundation course right now, feel free to ask if you have any questions :smile:

Thanks for the quick reply!
I do have a few questions...
How did you apply for your foundation course? Did you apply directly to the university? And am I too late to apply for the course?
Reply 3
I'm applied directly to my local college, because it's free if you are under 19.
If you are hoping to do a foudation course at uni, you can apply directly but most are through ucas. Obviously check their website if you're unsure.
The cost of the course varies depending on what uni you go to.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending