The Student Room Group

Student Finance?

Im trying to figure out applying to student finance. I'm british, with both british parents, however my father, who's the bread winner, lives and works in Canada. My mother does not work, and therefore earns no money. They are separated. My father sends money home for us to live on. Does my student finance go on how much my Dad earns, or how much he sends home? And how do i prove this? Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by Chlowah
Im trying to figure out applying to student finance. I'm british, with both british parents, however my father, who's the bread winner, lives and works in Canada. My mother does not work, and therefore earns no money. They are separated. My father sends money home for us to live on. Does my student finance go on how much my Dad earns, or how much he sends home? And how do i prove this? Thanks!!

Your household income will be the income of the family unit in which you live. So that will be your mother's income. The money that your father sends, will probably form the bulk of her income along with things like benefits if she gets them. That's what you declare to SF.

Quick Reply

Latest