The Student Room Group
Reply 1
EBONY ROSE
I was just wondering has this happend to anyone lately? and have they got the job eventually or not?

Yep, I got a letter saying almost the exact same thing back in August I think it was. That was about 6 months after I'd sent my application so I'd given up expecting a reply and got another job. I haven't heard anything since, so no I never got the job. Although they may still have me on file, they didn't specify how long for.
Reply 2
Kept on File = In the Bin

endof
Reply 3
mtbab
Kept on File = In the Bin

endof

I should have guessed! Don't know why i bothered asking really! Just thought there might be a glimmer of hope, silly me!
Reply 4
I used to think being kept on file meant in the bin, and perhaps it does mean this for most places, but there is maybe a glimmer of hope.
The company I work for now keeps applications received during times when there are no jobs going as it saves them advertising for jobs when one does become available. So you never know.
Reply 5
Rogue275
I used to think being kept on file meant in the bin, and perhaps it does mean this for most places, but there is maybe a glimmer of hope.
The company I work for now keeps applications received during times when there are no jobs going as it saves them advertising for jobs when one does become available. So you never know.

Thank you. I feel less suicidal now! :smile:
Reply 6
Rogue275

Fair point, but I truly wonder how prevalent this is. Doubt it's the case for the bigger companies.

Call me sceptical, but I think they just tell you that your application will be on file so that you may, in the midst of naivety, be contented and let go of the job.
Reply 7
Most of the time I'd expect it to e forgotten about. I did get a call from two employers about 4 months after i'd handed applications to them though. Unlikely but not impossible is the best way of looking at it.

Latest

Trending

Trending