The Student Room Group

french cinema

Hey all. i'm doing a-level french at the moment and for my coursework, i wanted to write about french cinema.
I was thinking of writing about women - how they are portayed, whether they are always the bored housewives who end up killing themselves like 'madame bovary' etc.
However i'm not sure of how to plan it... since i don't, at the moment, have a question that i'd like to answer.
Does anyone have any ideas on how i could structure this essay? or is there a more interesting issue that i could discuss within french cinema?
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks xx
Reply 1
write about french cinema
how women are portrayed in french cinema
compare this with how women are portrayed in other cinema (english maybe?)
and sum up with a summary . . lol

hth
Reply 2
thanks Tag!
it seems so obvious now. truly a great idea! xx
kat121
thanks Tag!
it seems so obvious now. truly a great idea! xx

you include amelie, as well. Still a piece of french cinema even though it is great:p:
Reply 4
wesetters
Avoid comparison with English cinema (depending on your exam board, please post that in future, or you might be misled).

sorry, my exam board is OCR.
why should i not compare french cinema with english cinema? x
kat121
sorry, my exam board is OCR.
why should i not compare french cinema with english cinema? x

cos they exam boards not interested in english cinema really, i did OCR, i never had to do coursework- but from what i remember they only wanted french stuff as it were. no anglo influences :p: you could do french cinema- past and present!
wesetters
Yes, REALLY avoid comparisons with anything non francophone with OCR. You can get away with a passing reference, but that is about it. I was with them, and the topic should be specifically French, not just something which applies to France as well as other places. They are very harsh about it, from what I understand.. I think that's why my first coursework (the short one) got such low marks.

from what i remember will is right.. english is bad with OCR :p: be FRENCH :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending