The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

What Happens During Final Year????

Hello,

I'm currently doing my placement year and sorting out things for when I return and I was wondering. In final year is TP1 full of classes and then Jan exams then TP2 do you still have classes or is it just working on your dissertation?

Many Thanks
B x
Original post by BHB
Hello,

I'm currently doing my placement year and sorting out things for when I return and I was wondering. In final year is TP1 full of classes and then Jan exams then TP2 do you still have classes or is it just working on your dissertation?

Many Thanks
B x

Hi there,

It differs course to course but usually the dissertation is spread out over both teaching periods and is timetabled as a double, triple or quadruple module depending on it's weighting within the course, even though 90% of it will be independent work with a few lectures and seminars to help you write it and a viva to justify your topic and explain your current findings usually in TP2. Along side it you will do a few smaller modules. As a 2014 graduate, trust me it pays to start your dissertation early.

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
BHB
OP
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

It differs course to course but usually the dissertation is spread out over both teaching periods and is timetabled as a double, triple or quadruple module depending on it's weighting within the course, even though 90% of it will be independent work with a few lectures and seminars to help you write it and a viva to justify your topic and explain your current findings usually in TP2. Along side it you will do a few smaller modules. As a 2014 graduate, trust me it pays to start your dissertation early.

Josh

Oh yea, sorry I forgot to say I'm studying translations studies with spanish

Thank you for responding to my post, you're fully answered my query.

Many thanks
B x
Original post by BHB
Oh yea, sorry I forgot to say I'm studying translations studies with spanish

Thank you for responding to my post, you're fully answered my query.

Many thanks
B x

No worries, anything else just give me a shout.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest