The Student Room Group

Late uni application.

I gave in my application about 2 months ago and was wondering why it still had not been sent. So i went in and asked. Apparently my tutor forgot to mention how i was taking an exam outside of school, and this has caused them to wait 2 months! I told her today to do it and i just received an email saying my application was returned back to my school from Ucas. I specifically asked them if i needed to do anything in the morning and they said no. But now my Ucas application says "Do the changes".
wtf does that even mean. Ive been left stranded and my school is now closed so im going to be a late applicant.

I was just looking for advice and help as to how i can 'undo' this or How late applicants are truly treated compared to normal ones.
Late applicants are accepted by most Uni's but some don't. Look at your Uni's admission policy. Alternatively, some Uni's don't consider anything before 30th June late (Aberystwyth eg).

Late applicants will not be given equal consideration. They'll be judged on individual merit if there are places left on your course. If not, outright rejection.
If you are just after the deadline its usually okay. Unis can close courses after this deadline but actually they rarely do for a week or so as they need the dust to settle and to do some number crunching first. Just get it in as fast as you can.
Original post by sydneybridge
If you are just after the deadline its usually okay. Unis can close courses after this deadline but actually they rarely do for a week or so as they need the dust to settle and to do some number crunching first. Just get it in as fast as you can.

Ucas don't allow unis to close courses until they've finished processing the deadline applications. Usually this takes 2/3 working days.

Just because a course isn't closed on UCAS doesn't mean a university will consider late applications. LSE law is still open but any applicant would be poorly advised to send in an application without checking that they're willing to take late applications. The 7 day substitution option doesn't apply if a university does a quick rejection which is unfortunately likely for oversubscribed courses that are due for closure once ucas get through the backlog.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending