The Student Room Group

Career path information needed

Okay so, I've been rejected from all my midwifery places.. but Bradford have offered me a place on their BSc Health, Wellbeing and Social Care course. My question if, can I get to become a midwife through completeing this course and further training?
Original post by ZoeBunney
Okay so, I've been rejected from all my midwifery places.. but Bradford have offered me a place on their BSc Health, Wellbeing and Social Care course. My question if, can I get to become a midwife through completeing this course and further training?

I've a feeling with that course the further training you'd require to become a midwife after doing that course would be in the form of a three year pre reg midwifery course exactly like the ones you've been applying for.

There is a shortened midwifery course for people who are qualified adult branch nurses, though places for it depend on where you are, some areas have more than others. Midwifery applicants tend to have quite a few rejections, it's a really competitive course to get onto, it may be best waiting and applying again next year.
I agree with moonkatt on this , i'm at a loss as to why some of the none - professionally accredited Healthcare degrees run as real courses ( rather than the university having the option to award them as a consolation degree to those who pass the academic parts of pre-reg but cannot pass the practice requirement)
Reply 3
I'm at a complete loss as to why they have offered it me in replace of midwifery, the more I read about it, the more I realise it's a world away from any nursing or midwifery, so cannot understand why they think it's a good alternative.
Having said that though, I am limited on time and area because of having 2 children and a contact order I have to stick to so I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Reply 4
Original post by ZoeBunney
I'm at a complete loss as to why they have offered it me in replace of midwifery, the more I read about it, the more I realise it's a world away from any nursing or midwifery, so cannot understand why they think it's a good alternative.
Having said that though, I am limited on time and area because of having 2 children and a contact order I have to stick to so I'm at a loss as to what to do.

They have offered you it because they are a business and they want your custom. I wouldn't do it if I were you. If you already meet the academic requirements of the midwifery course I would focus on getting relevant experience to better support you when you reapply next year.
Reply 5
if you want to only be a midwife try again. if nursing is an option please try. dont accept that course it will just use up your student funding and gain you nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending