The Student Room Group

Should I change course at uni?

I've made this anon because I know people on here and don't want them knowing about my situation.

Well, I'm in my first year at a Russell Group uni studying a joint honours in French and Maths. I'm in the middle of my exams atm and they're just not going well. The whole first semester was a struggle. I've really struggled to keep up with the pace at which we are taught at uni and I find the work really challenging. Everyone around me seems to be doing great and I just feel so s*** about myself. I worked so hard to get onto this course and even exceeded my requirements by three grades but now I'm wondering if this is the right course for me. I hate that I'm constantly struggling. I don't want the next four years to be like this. I'm trying to think of other courses I would enjoy but I feel my A Level choices limit me (I did Maths, Physics and French). I know first year doesn't count but I still don't want to do bad this year.

Any advice would be appreciated :frown:
Do you actually want to study a different course at uni? Or are you just feeling the pressure of the exams?
Reply 2
Original post by llamaspoon
Do you actually want to study a different course at uni? Or are you just feeling the pressure of the exams?

It's not just exams because I've felt like this since I started. When applying for uni, I thought this was the perfect course for me but now I just don't know :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
It's not just exams because I've felt like this since I started. When applying for uni, I thought this was the perfect course for me but now I just don't know :frown:

University isn't easy. You're invariably going to struggle (not trying to sound too harsh here). Is it the maths side, or the French side, or both?
Reply 4
Original post by llamaspoon
University isn't easy. You're invariably going to struggle (not trying to sound too harsh here). Is it the maths side, or the French side, or both?

Both, but more maths than French
Original post by Anonymous
Both, but more maths than French

Have you spoke to someone about it? I was struggling with my course, but speaking to someone really helped me out. Also, I think you should see your results from your first semester exams before you decide. It's quite possible that you haven't done as badly as you thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending