The Student Room Group

I actually hate myself

I hate my look. My personality. My body. I hate it all. I am 15 coming up 16 and I have never ever been kissed or anything. Never had a boyfriend ever. All my friends are so beautiful and gorgeous and I just sort of get left out a lot and I feel so alone and I feel as if I am going to feel like this forever. I hate it. I cry myself to sleep every night because I feel as if u have no one. I don't want to talk with my family as they don't understand. I have been to a therapist once and I hated I and did not help at all in the slightest. Please someone help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very few girls your age really feel attractive. You are not unusual in not having had a relationship before the age of sixteen, that's very common. I bet half your friends are just as insecure, you might feel like your life is especially ****, but you're at a pretty ****ty age all round.
Hi Natalie,

I'm a teenager just like you but I just want you to know that its okay. There are a lot of people that love you so much for who you are. And people do care. And you are definitely not alone - there are so many people your age all over the World that are in a situation (nearly exactly) like yours, where they feel like they are alone and are not confident about themselves.I know you won't believe me, and its cliche and people always say this etc... but I promise it will get better. There are so many cool things you have left to do in life. And although it might seem totally **** right now, it will get better however unlikely that may seem.

Have you got any friends that you could confide in, or anyone you trust that you could talk to? Maybe a teacher at school? I think it would be good to talk to someone about how you are feeling. Also remember that all therapists are different, and there may be someone out there who can help you feel start to feel different, for yourself.

Lots of love! :smile: xox
Most girls your age do but most aren't unattractive. You're all too hard on yourselves. In fact I've seen very few genuinely ugly people.

Never having a kiss doesn't decide if you're attractive or not by the way. Have you ever put yourself in a situation to have a kiss? If not then there's your answer to why you haven't.
Original post by Natalie2499
I hate my look. My personality. My body. I hate it all. I am 15 coming up 16 and I have never ever been kissed or anything. Never had a boyfriend ever. All my friends are so beautiful and gorgeous and I just sort of get left out a lot and I feel so alone and I feel as if I am going to feel like this forever. I hate it. I cry myself to sleep every night because I feel as if u have no one. I don't want to talk with my family as they don't understand. I have been to a therapist once and I hated I and did not help at all in the slightest. Please someone help

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what if you've never had a bf?You really truly need a guy to make your teenage years happier (it's a nice thing to have but you can be a single pringle and happy). Seriously don't feel upset just because of that because it will come to you sooner or later. I felt the exact same way as you and literally a year and a half later one of the nicest guys I know asked me out.
Your mates may be beautiful but tell me,what's the meaning of beautiful? You most probably do have the looks but you don't realise it. For all you know, people may be envying you because of your looks :smile:

Seriously OP don't be upset this phase you're going through will pass xoxox

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey natalie, I feel so bad for you, it sounds like a bad situation :frown: first let me just point out something, a boyfriend doesn't make you an any better person, you are waiting for the right person honestly! its natural to be self conscious, we all go through it, being around friends can put pressure on your body image and all, but in reality i am sure you're much more than what you think you are :smile: as for feeling alone, i can assure you that no feeling ever stays, if you're feeling in love, that will change, not to say it'll go away, but maybe it'll be less or more, if you're happy, at some point you'll feel sad too, and if you're feeling alone, you'll feel surrounded, warm and comfortable soon :smile: keep your chin up, everything will be fine, just gotta plough through it yeahhhh
Reply 6
Thank you! I do have a friend that's also like me and we try and help each other when we get depressed but she seems to be drifting away from me slowly so I feel as though I will have no one left. My school know I was depressed and I had a problem and didn't do anything about it. My friends get help from school by I don't want to ask for help as I would feel as though I am copying them and just attention seeking. I'm just dated of going to a therapist because my mum gets really worried and I don't want to have here preying about anything else because she already has so much to do and sort out and I don't want to stress an upset her. Same with my dad. There's o much going on already and I don't want to make it worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I just feel I'm never worth it and I've just never been worth having a boyfriend or being kissed. It all just seems like a normal thing now and so I just feel singled out and like an alien

Posted from TSR Mobile
if it helps i've never been in a relationship or been kissed ect and im 18 lol

i just think to myself who gives a ****, kick back and relax
Reply 9
Focus on getting a good grades. Use that rage you feel for not being dealt the best genetics on birth to fuel you to achieve a great career. Money is the best make up. Also plastic surgery helps, just get older and stop worrying about adult issues.

- Also, every day look in the mirror and say outloud "I am beautiful and I am enough".
Do this enough times and you will truly believe it which is what you need to do to gain confidence because let's face it, no matter how much you worry and stress and hate - you wont miraculously change yourself. So get used to what you have and learn to love it.
(+ hit the gym too, a GREAT body > a good face)
Given the extent to which this has affected you, I think it's probably worth seeing a professional to talk about your problems again. Whilst there may be people who will worry about you, as you start to improve, they'll be really glad that you had the confidence to ask for, and get help for yourself.

You won't be of much use to your family if you're also sad and depressed! So this is a great chance for you to help yourself in order to be able to help others you care about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look! Your 15 don't worry over these things. Remember the saying "good things come to those who wait"

Posted from TSR Mobile

*hugs*

It is so, so normal to feel the way you're feeling.. though that doesn't make it any less horrible for you. I felt exactly the same when I was your age (hated the way I looked, hated my personality, felt like a bit of an outsider almost all of the time), and I promise you it won't last forever. It's a cliché, but adolescence and all the hormones that come with it are bloody hard to deal with - it's no wonder lots of us struggle.

I obviously don't know what you look like so I can't comment on that, but from your posts on this thread alone you come across as thoughtful, introspective and articulate - those are great traits to have, and you manage to put them across in just a few posts. When I felt like you're feeling, someone suggested to me that I should make a list of positives about myself. It was kind of scary to begin with, because I couldn't think of anything, and I thought that was confirmation that I was a useless person. But after a while I started thinking of things like 'I'm kind to other people' and 'I can be funny sometimes' and 'I'm good at writing and drawing', and before I knew it, I had a little list that I could look back at when I started feeling rubbish again. It wasn't foolproof, but it did help me get some perspective in those times when I felt like there was nothing good about me. It might be an idea to try for yourself?

Hope you're feeling a bit better about yourself very soon. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending