The Student Room Group

is this girl jealous or curious?

So I am friends with a girl, who I only see as a friend but we didnt really do anything, just talk in lectures and nothing else.
One day she saw me flirting with another girl in the library. Someone who I do like.

Then since that day she has been asking about her all the time, asking what I text her, and when we planning to date.

She has also been asking me to go to the library with her. She will wake me up in the morning, even tho she can wake up later because she lives closer. And all we do is argue about everything.

does this girl like me? Is arguing her way of flirting?
I just see her as a friend, and I dont want to hurt her.

Scroll to see replies

Not enough information to go off really, honestly I see nothing here that indicates she fancies you.
She might just have your best interests at heart. Like the above poster said you haven't really given us enough information.
Reply 3
Original post by SophieSmall
Not enough information to go off really, honestly I see nothing here that indicates she fancies you.

Original post by kayleighisonfire
She might just have your best interests at heart. Like the above poster said you haven't really given us enough information.

I hope she doesnt like me, because she deserve better than me.

Well before she never even used to text me or talk to me outside of uni, but since a girl came into my life, it seems she is always talking to me etc.

She is quite religious, so she will never outright flirt,
But a friend of mine who saw one of our arguements said she does it because she likes you, but I am unsure.
Reply 4
Dude, don't you understand? She is the princess, and you are the prince- or, at least that's how she sees it. There is clearly much indication she wants you to insert your blue waffle into her cauliflower quickly and indiscriminately. Seize the day.
Reply 5
Original post by DerMann
Dude, don't you understand? She is the princess, and you are the prince- or, at least that's how she sees it. There is clearly much indication she wants you to insert your blue waffle into her cauliflower quickly and indiscriminately. Seize the day.

How can you say this?

she has not really showed any signs of flirting.
Reply 6
Original post by SophieSmall

I have been really close friends with girls. By close I mean having sleep overs that stuff.
But never a girl who argues like she does, who will wake up earlier than she has to just to wake me up.
Original post by apple1992
I have been really close friends with girls. By close I mean having sleep overs that stuff.
But never a girl who argues like she does, who will wake up earlier than she has to just to wake me up.

To be honest I have no idea. I don't know this girl, hard to say anything.
She may just be overprotective and doesn't want you to get hurt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
How can you say this?

she has not really showed any signs of flirting.

Dude omg lol have you not banged any chicks yet? I bet you are a 40 year old virgin sitting, typing in front of his keyboard. It is very clear to me, from the evidence presented, that the subject in question clearly wants the blue waffle.
Reply 10
Original post by Megan hill
She may just be overprotective and doesn't want you to get hurt?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe I hope that is the case.
but she is not over protective of other friends. But she never really spoke to me until this new girl came into my life.

I have been close friends with many girls, such as like having sleep overs, But never met a girl who argues like she does, who will wake up earlier than she has to just to wake me up.
She's jealous... Think about it, she talks to you more since you started showing interest in someone else and like you said she's religious so y'know I doubt she would outright flirt.
Reply 12
Original post by DerMann
Dude omg lol have you not banged any chicks yet? I bet you are a 40 year old virgin sitting, typing in front of his keyboard. It is very clear to me, from the evidence presented, that the subject in question clearly wants the blue waffle.

So you logic is,
if a girls argues with you, and wakes you up in the morning. She wants the D?
Or she doesn't know how to/feels awkward about it

Either that or she sees you as a REALLY good friend
Suppose that is true, it not really normal. Maybe it a bit of both because you are describing some signs of her liking you, but at the same time maybe she playing a game or is just curious? Why don't you confront her and does this girl no her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
So you logic is,
if a girls argues with you, and wakes you up in the morning. She wants the D?

LOL dude you don't understand female logic. Just trust my sound advice, and all will be well. Trust me, no matter what, she wants your waffle. When you talk to her, know she is not really interested in you, only the waffle. And all will be fine.
Reply 16
Original post by Mahbuba1997
Or she doesn't know how to/feels awkward about it

Either that or she sees you as a REALLY good friend

Well the thing is she is a muslim, and a really good one, She is very strong about religion. Like she has never had a BF.
So maybe she does like me, but she views religion as more important.

Well all we do is argue, so I doubt that she is my friend.
Reply 17
Original post by Megan hill
Suppose that is true, it not really normal. Maybe it a bit of both because you are describing some signs of her liking you, but at the same time maybe she playing a game or is just curious? Why don't you confront her and does this girl no her?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel confronting her will break our relationship.
But what should I say?

The girl I like, just thinks she is being cute. and nothing else
This is classic, yes, I would bet she likes you. The same stuff happened with 2 friends of mine and they ended up together. Her constant asking is her way of judging whether her "campaign" to get you have better chances or not. And her constant arguing with you is her trying to make you feel a little guilty and so eventually if she says she likes you, you feel more inclined to say yes. She's not being manipulative, and it's not her fault, but she can't help it if she likes you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well the thing is she is a muslim, and a really good one, She is very strong about religion. Like she has never had a BF.
So maybe she does like me, but she views religion as more important.

Well all we do is argue, so I doubt that she is my friend.

Trust me on this one, if she was really that religious she wouldn't be calling you just for a chat, forget about waking you up every morning

Can I ask what you argue about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending