The Student Room Group

What is she thinking? Need relationship help...

Feel like a complete melt posting this but I want to get some opinions from others on this relationship between me and this girl...

We hit things off really well at first and "clicked". We met up a few times and shes been over mine a good few times and had plenty of good times with very few awkward conversations etc However, things started getting kind of awkward when we agreed we had been too quick with stuff in the bedroom, a relationship too quick, getting too close too fast etc

Shes said some nice things about me as well. Shes told her friends that I'm "perfect" and most of the dates we went on she said were perfect. She said yes when I asked her out (too fast I know) but she did say "lets see how it goes" but would not consider making it public (I wanted to though)

Over xmas, she went pretty quiet and I felt she led me on a bit. I tried ignoring her like she was ignorning me. On boxing day, I caved in and asked her about things. I asked how she felt about me and she did say there wasnt that "spark" (but tbh I agreed and thought it was due to being too fast). But I had a bit of a tantrum and blocked her on fb to make her feel guilty I guess (i know I'm such a dick)

But that block didnt last long and my nice guy self caved in and unblocked her as I thought it was the right thing. She said she had missed me and was glad we were talking again.

We met up the other night after someone "stood her up" and went out for a drink. It was a really nice evening and I saw a lot of signs that she is interested in me ( saw a lot of the signs in this soppy article: http://www.wikihow.com/Know-if-a-Girl-Likes-You )

She isnt a very outgoing girl and I think her self esteem is fairly low if that explains anything... But I've always wanted a "quiet girl" even though I am quite chatty and have no problem talking to her... she's beautiful too...

Thing is, ever since seeing her this Tuesday evening, she hasnt messaged me at all. I've had to be the one starting conversations and arranging things. She does, however, always reply back and has started putting x's at the end of texts recently but when I ask what shes doing this weekend, she makes it way too hard to find a time to meet. Not excuses, just seems really indecisive...

So I just want to get some advice on what to do next... ask me some questions and give me your opinions! She is sooo hard to read...
Original post by Anonymous
Feel like a complete melt posting this but I want to get some opinions from others on this relationship between me and this girl...

We hit things off really well at first and "clicked". We met up a few times and shes been over mine a good few times and had plenty of good times with very few awkward conversations etc However, things started getting kind of awkward when we agreed we had been too quick with stuff in the bedroom, a relationship too quick, getting too close too fast etc

Shes said some nice things about me as well. Shes told her friends that I'm "perfect" and most of the dates we went on she said were perfect. She said yes when I asked her out (too fast I know) but she did say "lets see how it goes" but would not consider making it public (I wanted to though)

Over xmas, she went pretty quiet and I felt she led me on a bit. I tried ignoring her like she was ignorning me. On boxing day, I caved in and asked her about things. I asked how she felt about me and she did say there wasnt that "spark" (but tbh I agreed and thought it was due to being too fast). But I had a bit of a tantrum and blocked her on fb to make her feel guilty I guess (i know I'm such a dick)

But that block didnt last long and my nice guy self caved in and unblocked her as I thought it was the right thing. She said she had missed me and was glad we were talking again.

We met up the other night after someone "stood her up" and went out for a drink. It was a really nice evening and I saw a lot of signs that she is interested in me ( saw a lot of the signs in this soppy article: http://www.wikihow.com/Know-if-a-Girl-Likes-You )

She isnt a very outgoing girl and I think her self esteem is fairly low if that explains anything... But I've always wanted a "quiet girl" even though I am quite chatty and have no problem talking to her... she's beautiful too...

Thing is, ever since seeing her this Tuesday evening, she hasnt messaged me at all. I've had to be the one starting conversations and arranging things. She does, however, always reply back and has started putting x's at the end of texts recently but when I ask what shes doing this weekend, she makes it way too hard to find a time to meet. Not excuses, just seems really indecisive...

So I just want to get some advice on what to do next... ask me some questions and give me your opinions! She is sooo hard to read...

From my point of view, being a girl myself, I do not think she is completely interested in just you. She may just like the concept of having you there to have nights with and go out for a drink with but she's not feeling the chemistry between you two therefore I don't think she has the feelings you may have for her, for you. Not trying to sound harsh, but you will seriously know when a girl wants you.. She wont be her normal self at first, she will make time for you as much time as she can get to see you because she will want to spend time with you, she will just show so many signs if a girl is really down for you. If she doesn't feel the spark after your nights and times and conversations together, do you believe she will ever feel this spark? Maybe you should ask her questions about the type of guy she's into and what makes her click with a guy and what she wants in a realtionship and try and show signs to her about those things, just a suggestion.
Good Luck and I wish you the very best with her :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by amyphilbin
From my point of view, being a girl myself, I do not think she is completely interested in just you. She may just like the concept of having you there to have nights with and go out for a drink with but she's not feeling the chemistry between you two therefore I don't think she has the feelings you may have for her, for you. Not trying to sound harsh, but you will seriously know when a girl wants you.. She wont be her normal self at first, she will make time for you as much time as she can get to see you because she will want to spend time with you, she will just show so many signs if a girl is really down for you. If she doesn't feel the spark after your nights and times and conversations together, do you believe she will ever feel this spark? Maybe you should ask her questions about the type of guy she's into and what makes her click with a guy and what she wants in a realtionship and try and show signs to her about those things, just a suggestion.
Good Luck and I wish you the very best with her :smile:

Thanks for the reply :smile: She text me out of the blue today asking if I wanted to meet up! So I met her, we had a drink out and she came back to mine... and it really felt like there was good chemsitry today. I'm feeling good about prospects atm with her I'm seeing her sunday as well :P
Thanks for the reply :smile: She text me out of the blue today asking if I wanted to meet up! So I met her, we had a drink out and she came back to mine... and it really felt like there was good chemsitry today. I'm feeling good about prospects atm with her I'm seeing her sunday as well :P

Your welcome :smile: ah that's nice then, just keep looking for those signs to show a girl actually wants you.
Good luck an have fun :smile:
She sounds like she still likes you. Just hang in there!
If she's a shy girl, then she could be stepping back and letting you take the reins with initiating things to make sure you're interested. If she did just text you to hang out that's good. I'm also a bit timid with talking to someone I like, it's a big effort for me to be the first to text because I'm always worried about being too clingy or annoying someone. If she keeps conversations going, that's a good sign.
Best of luck!
Reply 6
Ok heres an update guys! We are now going out :smile: She brought it up at mine yesterday and wanted to make it official. So everything seems great tbh

However, i'm now worried about how often we should chat outside of being face to face. Its been totally quiet today... no texts or anything from her after a great day together... Is that just because she is shy/not self confident? Is she waiting for me to text? How often should I or she text? Some answers for these questions would be great!

Also, I won't see her until friday... and that feels like such a long time to be apart after making things official... I just feel like we should be texting/chatting often until then and I'm worried that she may have "second thoughts"...

I guess I am pretty paranoid about her losing interest. I haven't had a girlfriend in ages... especially not a nice one like her... so I guess thats why. I just need as much advice as I can get atm from anyone
Ok heres an update guys! We are now going out :smile: She brought it up at mine yesterday and wanted to make it official. So everything seems great tbh

However, i'm now worried about how often we should chat outside of being face to face. Its been totally quiet today... no texts or anything from her after a great day together... Is that just because she is shy/not self confident? Is she waiting for me to text? How often should I or she text? Some answers for these questions would be great!

Also, I won't see her until friday... and that feels like such a long time to be apart after making things official... I just feel like we should be texting/chatting often until then and I'm worried that she may have "second thoughts"...

I guess I am pretty paranoid about her losing interest. I haven't had a girlfriend in ages... especially not a nice one like her... so I guess thats why. I just need as much advice as I can get atm from anyone

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's very sweet that you're so concerned. Just don't try to overthink it! Personally, as a girl I always would enjoy the occassional "hey how was your day" "what are you up to" text. I know I always worried that if I kept texting a guy first he would think I was clingy or would get annoyed. I'm really not that experienced with dating, but I think early in the relationship it's normal to have those thoughts, and eventually you two will probably find a natural rhythm and you'll get to know each other's schedules and such.
So don't be afraid to text her first, just be sure to gauge her mood (is she only giving you one word replies? not keeping the convo going? Maybe she doesn't feel like talking, is tired, etc...) but just don't overthink it! Go with your gut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending