The Student Room Group

Leaving one degree and reapplying

Hi, I'm currently studying a Graphic Design foundation degree (which I went through via clearing September 2014) but have come to realisation that the university simply is not for me, as is the course so I have applied to 3 other universities that will be much better suited and beneficial for me. If I am successful with my interviews, will this affect my student finance and maintenance loan for the next 3 years at another university? Will I be given the money for the next 3 years? I have read that previous university experience may affect the help given by student finance?
Original post by Sian Baldwin
Hi, I'm currently studying a Graphic Design foundation degree (which I went through via clearing September 2014) but have come to realisation that the university simply is not for me, as is the course so I have applied to 3 other universities that will be much better suited and beneficial for me. If I am successful with my interviews, will this affect my student finance and maintenance loan for the next 3 years at another university? Will I be given the money for the next 3 years? I have read that previous university experience may affect the help given by student finance?

as long as you've only studied one year of higher education before starting the new course you will be fully funded for it- your allowed one extra year of finance
Jelly1000 is right, every student gets a gift year for repeat or if they have to withdraw / suspend study. Previous study is taken into consideration so you take the duration of your course plus the extra year then minus previous study, in your case 3+1=4-1=3 so you have three years of support.
Reply 3
Original post by digitaljunki3
Jelly1000 is right, every student gets a gift year for repeat or if they have to withdraw / suspend study. Previous study is taken into consideration so you take the duration of your course plus the extra year then minus previous study, in your case 3+1=4-1=3 so you have three years of support.

Ah sweet, cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending