The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Started a thread because I couldn't find any that were existing for this year's dentistry applicants for Sheffield... Apparently we'll be hearing at around the end of January. Good luck guys! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for starting this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Glad to see a thread for Sheffield
Hope I get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for making this :smile:
Reply 4
Have they sent out any rejections at all?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by EmBlacck
Have they sent out any rejections at all?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know, they haven't yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scottish applicant here :smile: still haven't heard anything yet not even a confirmaion email.
Original post by Bilal101010
Scottish applicant here :smile: still haven't heard anything yet not even a confirmaion email.

hm i dont know if thats weird or not but i got an email from them saying 'Your application has now been forwarded for academic consideration,' on the 20th of october seems a bit weird you didn't get a confirmation email, do you check your junk mail in case?
Reply 8
Resit candidate here (I had extenuating circumstances last year :frown: ) I'm not expecting anything as I'm "lowest priority". I also didn't do that well on the UKCAT, I had to leave the room during the exam and obviously they don't stop the time, they said they'd attach a note with my name explaining but I know Sheffield rely on UKCAT so I'm probably going to get rejected. Good luck everyone anyway!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bladex
Resit candidate here (I had extenuating circumstances last year :frown: ) I'm not expecting anything as I'm "lowest priority". I also didn't do that well on the UKCAT, I had to leave the room during the exam and obviously they don't stop the time, they said they'd attach a note with my name explaining but I know Sheffield rely on UKCAT so I'm probably going to get rejected. Good luck everyone anyway!!

Sheffield don't actually have a cut-off for UKCAT and on their website it says that no applicant is excluded from the selection process due to a low score...so I wouldn't worry about that! :smile:
Does anyone know if interviews have been handed out yet? And if not, roughly when?
Reply 11
Original post by minimousedentist
Does anyone know if interviews have been handed out yet? And if not, roughly when?

I haven't heard anything yet either! Stressful times! :frown: but no news is surely better than bad news :P
Original post by minimousedentist

When I called they said interviews will be given out at the end of Jan but apparently now they should be handing them out at the start of feb so hopefully in two weeks. :smile:
Original post by bladex

They only use the UKCAT in support of your other qualifications don't they? Like to compensate for bad GCSEs or whatever, they don't have a benchmark like other places I don't think
Original post by dent1hope
When I called they said interviews will be given out at the end of Jan but apparently now they should be handing them out at the start of feb so hopefully in two weeks. :smile:

This is pretty bad given that the website only has last years information - stating mid-January invitations and last years interview dates! I wonder why they didn't update it for this year?
The suspense is killing me...
Gotten a sheffield interview offer! All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CelineDiong
Gotten a sheffield interview offer! All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When/how did you hear? Congrats, thought they weren't giving them out till end of jan/early feb time!
Reply 17
Has anyone else got offers or rejections??
Reply 18
Not heard anything yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by EmzzyC
Not heard anything yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!! :/

Quick Reply

Latest