The Student Room Group

Positively awful accent attempts

Into this infernal fire we shall cast the worst accent attempts in the history of film.

I will start with Benedict Cumberbatch's (Cumberbatches? Cumberbatch'es?) pitiful attempt at Southern American in 12 Years a Slave

Scroll to see replies

It's been said many times before but you've got to have Dick Van Dyke in there in Mary Poppins. That's not to say that I don't like him or anything but my god it was bad!
Reply 2
elijah wood does a really bad british accent in the first two harry potter movies
Reply 3
Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead.

His Georgian accent has improved, but it still sounds weird to me.
Reply 4
Sean Connery's "Irish-American" accent in The Untouchables. It sounded nothing of the sort.
I thought emma Thompson's american accent in perks of being of wallflower was quite poor but it was a great film so can't complain:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Russell Brand in Rock of Ages :yucky: . Couldn't tell whether he was trying to be American, London, Home Counties or Brummy :erm:
Reply 7
Original post by tyqo
elijah wood does a really bad british accent in the first two harry potter movies

Lol.
Original post by em211997
I thought emma Thompson's american accent in perks of being of wallflower was quite poor but it was a great film so can't complain:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Emma Watson, you mean...

But yes, I totally agree.
Original post by Airfairy
Emma Watson, you mean...

But yes, I totally agree.

Lol mate yeah you got me *brofist*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tarantino's ozzy accent in django
Russell Crowe in Robin Hood. Truly awful, fluctuating between American, English, Australian and more.
Albert Finney - Kincade (Gamekeeper) in Skyfall.
Supposed to be Scottish - kept swapping between Scots and London English. Then made one up in the middle.
Reply 13
Ray Winstone in the Departed, ****ing lol!

Also Leo in Blood Diamond was pretty mediocre at times
Don Cheadle and Peter Dinklage do distractingly bad English accents in Ocean's Eleven and Game of Thrones, respectively.
That film where Anne Hathaway dies at the end, wham while driving a bicycle. Oh my Lord, her accent was SO bad in it
Original post by interact
That film where Anne Hathaway dies at the end, wham while driving a bicycle. Oh my Lord, her accent was SO bad in it

One Day. I agree. In the book she is supposed to have a charming Yorkshire accent. No idea what it actually turned out to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kevin Costner in Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves. Dire.
Reply 18
Charlie Hunnam in Green Street.
Might I suggest Marlon Brando in Mutiny on the Bounty and Christopher Lambert in Highlander

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending