paddy ashdown
nick clegg
vince cable
betty boothroyd
michael hesseltine
ken clarke

yeah, I couldn't possibly pick just 6
(edited 9 years ago)
Particularly with the post above, people seem to miss the "active" part, although I suppose it is questionable how activity is defined.
Reply 123
Why isn't Ed Balls on there?
Reply 124
Original post by Jammy Duel
Particularly with the post above, people seem to miss the "active" part, although I suppose it is questionable how activity is defined.

In my OP I defined it as somebody who is an MP, MEP or in the House of Lords.

So tony Blair, David miliband, nick griffin etc don't count but oh well!
Anyone who is a "Labour co-operative" politician

It is odd and weird Labour are joined up with a bank and it alienates voters
Original post by democracyforum
Anyone who is a "Labour co-operative" politician

It is odd and weird Labour are joined up with a bank and it alienates voters

The Co-op party are a totally separate entity from the Co-op bank.

Never seen any evidence that it alienates voters, in fact most voters aren't even aware it exists, would be interesting if you could produce a source for that.
God it's hard to narrow it down to just 6!

1. Michael Gove for messing up the education system and that God awful rap he performed.

2. Nick Clegg as he needs to grow a set of balls and he has no backbone (he is Cameron's puppet).

3. Michael Fabricant as he obviously wears a wig but won't admit it.

4. Jacob Rees-Mogg as he is quite possibly the most cliched politician ever (Eton/Oxford educated with a silver spoon up his a***)

5. Julian Huppert for making me hate living in Cambridge, not everyone in Cambridge cares about bikes and cycle lanes. Cyclists get in the way and make it near impossible to drive in the city!!

6. Ed Miliband as he is just a joke really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Not nearly enough mentions of the fraudsters Michael Green and Sebastian Fox in here.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96

5. Julian Huppert for making me hate living in Cambridge, not everyone in Cambridge cares about bikes and cycle lanes. Cyclists get in the way and make it near impossible to drive in the city!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge is damn near impossible to drive in regardless of a few cycling provisions. Huppert is definitely one of the best MPs out there.
Jim Allister has a special place in hell. Other than that, Edward Leigh and Peter Bone. Would add Rees-Mogg but he's so ridiculous he's quite hard to actively hate.
All UKIP meps except farage.

Having any meps at all is utterly pointless, since we achieve so little in the EU

The only man who can change the Eu is actually Cameron with his ongoing reform, and to be fair to him, he has delivered
Any SNP politician who has the effrontery to sit in the house of commons.

Just get out
Reply 133
All UKIP meps except farage.

Having any meps at all is utterly pointless, since we achieve so little in the EU

The only man who can change the Eu is actually Cameron with his ongoing reform, and to be fair to him, he has delivered

http://www.britishinfluence.org/ten_questions_we_d_love_david_cameron_to_answer_after_his_meeting_with_mrs_merkel

Britain has A LOT of influence in the EU, we helped create it. The only reform of any note is DC changing the time EU migrants claim benefits- which is the responsibility of the state and not the EU.

The only pointless MEPs are the ones that don't take part and actively work to destroy it. So ukip and half of the Tory party.
Reply 134
Any SNP politician who has the effrontery to sit in the house of commons.

Just get out

What's the difference between that and ukip MEPs sitting in the European Parliament?
Original post by Davij038
What's the difference between that and ukip MEPs sitting in the European Parliament?

The EU deserves contempt.

The United Kingdom does not.

And they got a referendum. we didn't.
Reply 136
The EU deserves contempt.

The United Kingdom does not.

And they got a referendum. we didn't.

Referendums don't solve anything- as the Scottish one has shown.

That you think the EU is contemptible is patently ridiculous.
Referendums don't solve anything- as the Scottish one has shown.

That you think the EU is contemptible is patently ridiculous.

Well do you wish to come off your high horse and explain why it is not? Especially at this time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Original post by EHZ17
Well do you wish to come off your high horse and explain why it is not? Especially at this time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

High horse? I'm not saying anything is contemptible!

Whilst there are some wasteful practice (common fisheries, Strasbourg, etc), and is overly centralised, the exact same could be said about the UK!
The EU costs us 12 billion pounds a year (roughly the same as our foreign aid bill - or about 0.8 % of gross national income) So is hardly breaking the bank.

There are two reasons why I think the EU is so important for us- the economy and defence, or together as the continued relevance of the uk and Europe in the world.

The EU is still the worlds largest trading bloc. There are of course concerns about the EU financially but when lord hills reforms go through, things should improve. Juncker and Tusk have track records of improving failing economies. TTIP alone when it comes through should cover the cost if the EU to the uk tax payer. People saying that the EU limits our free trade are either ignorant or liars - we have massively increased trade with indus and china in recent years - as has Germany.

The EU is still the worlds largest trading bloc. There are of course concerns about the EU financially but when lord hills reforms go through, things should improve. Juncker and Tusk have track records of improving failing economies. TTIP alone when it comes through should cover the cost if the EU to the uk tax payer. People saying that the EU limits our free trade are either ignorant or liars - we have massively increased trade with indus and china in recent years - as has Germany.

You're pro-TTIP as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending