The Student Room Group

Done a big mistake with a girl i have been dating.

Going to keep this nice and short.

Last night i was invited to the girl i have been dating arts expo to met her friends with i did and talked away and enjoyed it.

We went to the late after it and we where sitting there in the smoking area and a guy came over and started to flirt with her right beside me and i started to get into a bit of mood. Then i just put my arm around her to give him the signs to go away and he didn't then i told him thats my girlfriend your taking to and he kept at it. So i went up to him and told f off with himself and i will box him if he dosint go away he did then.

This is complete out of what i do or say to people when i am out i just snapped and turned over protective.

She did say she didnt like it to me and i said sorry for doing it to her she stayed the night in mine and was grand this morning and i said i will txt her later and i did and notting 3 hours no reply and she has been on Facebook.

I like the girl a lot and what i done last night is something i never done in my life before and it just wasn't me and i just have been completely upset about it since then thinking i have completely messed this up now.

Just don't know what to do ....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by theirishlad1234

Last night i was invited to the girl i have been dating arts expo to met her friends with i did and talked away and enjoyed it.

We went to the late after it and we where sitting there in the smoking area and a guy came over and started to flirt with her right beside me and i started to get into a bit of mood. Then i just put my arm around her to give him the signs to go away and he didn't then i told him thats my girlfriend your taking to and he kept at it. So i went up to him and told f off with himself and i will box him if he dosint go away he did then.

This is complete out of what i do or say to people when i am out i just snapped and turned over protective.

She did say she didnt like it to me and i said sorry for doing it to her she stayed the night in mine and was grand this morning and i said i will txt her later and i did and notting 3 hours no reply and she has been on Facebook.

I like the girl a lot and what i done last night is something i never done in my life before and it just wasn't me and i just have been completely upset about it since then thinking i have completely messed this up now.

I hope it works out for you. I don't really know what to say. But why didnt she tell him to go away
Reply 2
If it helps, I think she's overreacting. That sounds like expected behaviour as that person was persistently intruding...
Original post by Ekemini
I hope it works out for you. I don't really know what to say. But why didnt she tell him to go away

She kind of was saying it to him saying that she is with her friends here and to stop bull ****ing.

Like i txted her there asking would it be ok to call her to speak about it and notting back from her.

What i find what was strange is that she stayed at mine last night with me and could have stayed in her friends as she was post to
Reply 4
She kind of was saying it to him saying that she is with her friends here and to stop bull ****ing.

Like i txted her there asking would it be ok to call her to speak about it and notting back from her.

What i find what was strange is that she stayed at mine last night with me and could have stayed in her friends as she was post to

My first thought was she's possibly playing head games. Now I'm holding on to that notion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5

Well I think she overreacted and if I was in your shoes I would have punched the imbecile. What is her problem. She should even feel flattered
Reply 6
Explaining it to you. She dislikes it because it is a trait of a weak man. A man that has complete confidence in himself would have no problem letting another guy talk to her, in fact he would join in and have a fun time showing to her he is great socially (which is attractive).

0:00 - 1:08 sing this to her. it will work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84RxK4N1wfE
Give her time to cool off. You did what any reasonable person would have done - I do not blame you for one second for feeling how you did. He had enough warnings and I'm surprised you didn't hit him.
When we got up this morning she said it was a good night expect for me being over protective of her.

Like what makes even more confusion she gave me a kiss goodbye and told me to txt her later :/ So i really have no clue what so ever what to be thinking about it.

Like i am going to wait a day give her a phone call if she dosint pick up thats the end of that
When we got up this morning she said it was a good night expect for me being over protective of her.

Like what makes even more confusion she gave me a kiss goodbye and told me to txt her later :/ So i really have no clue what so ever what to be thinking about it.

Like i am going to wait a day give her a phone call if she dosint pick up thats the end of that

Can you meet up with her and talk about it? At the very least, an open conversation needs to take place. This whole silent/awkward treatment business is ridiculous.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Can you meet up with her and talk about it? At the very least, an open conversation needs to take place. This whole silent/awkward treatment business is ridiculous.

I am not around on to Sunday again to see her and she's working then. But you are right a proper talk over this would be good and we will see where we stand.

Like i went to her exbo last night not knowing anyone expect her at it. She told all her friends that i was coming and they all new who i was the min i walked in. I am just getting really mixed signs from her

She has nerve. When I'm with my man I do not shut myself off completely from any one else but once I feel that strong, warm around me, I click and just give the guy my shoulder. Your GF soaking it all up :rolleyes:
No just no! I'm sorry but that is awful. Plus your grammar and punctuation is awful too!
Got a txt from her there she dosint won't to date at the moment and wants to be friends and she complete understands the way i reacted last night and said i was thinking of her.

I am hurt now quite hurt just fell like i have been made a fool out of
Reply 14
Got a txt from her there she dosint won't to date at the moment and wants to be friends and she complete understands the way i reacted last night and said i was thinking of her.

I am hurt now quite hurt just fell like i have been made a fool out of

Sorry to hear that. I think you're best moving on then, since from the sounds of it I suppose she enjoyed the attention and didn't like the idea that you would take that away from her. Any reasonable woman I think would understand the other man was intruding here and you did what you felt was necessary to get him to leave. If she felt you overreacted, okay, you can talk about it, but calling the whole thing off over that is excessive and not the whole story in my opinion.
girls like to be flattered...get her flowers or something.lol...you did the right thing but next time try the she's mine hand kiss,that would have really made him back out for sure.
Original post by miser
Sorry to hear that. I think you're best moving on then, since from the sounds of it I suppose she enjoyed the attention and didn't like the idea that you would take that away from her. Any reasonable woman I think would understand the other man was intruding here and you did what you felt was necessary to get him to leave. If she felt you overreacted, okay, you can talk about it, but calling the whole thing off over that is excessive and not the whole story in my opinion.

I just don't get why she then had sex with me last night after all this :frown:.

Like best friend told me last night that she really likes me so what the hell is going on here ?.
sorry,try giving her space n time...she's probably just confused
Reply 18
I just don't get why she then had sex with me last night after all this :frown:.

Like best friend told me last night that she really likes me so what the hell is going on here ?.

Who knows. We can only speculate.
I sent her a massage there to see why she was giving me all these vibes.

She wouldint have invited me to her art expo, tell her friends about me, come back to mine and so on if she didnt care.

I got in the reply she is putting her self 1st as she has a past ?. God only knows what that might be and was made me even more confused now by that part.

She said she wasint looking for a boyfriend i said to her why did we go on so many dates then if you didnt won't one ?.

Just confused by it all

Quick Reply

Latest