The Student Room Group

Using American qualifications for Oxford conditionals

So I was lucky enough to get an offer from Oxford earlier this month to do PPE, conditional on AAA at A level.

However, I saw on Oxford's entry requirements website that this translates for US applicants to an ACT score of 32 and above, and a score of 700 and above on 3 SAT Subject Tests. I was previously thinking of applying to American universities, and I have a score of 35 on the ACT and 760 and 720 on SAT II Chemistry and German respectively (only two).

Do you think that my ACT and SAT II scores would allow Oxford to reduce my conditional offer significantly? It's not that I don't think I can meet my offer, but it would be nice to have a lower conditional offer or even an unconditional if at all possible.
So I'm going to be blunt:

No way. AAA is THE offer if you have A levels. I had a 2320 on the SAT and 3 700+ subject tests but because I was an Australian applicant with primarily Australian qualifications it was those that they wanted.

Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by oskarwithak
So I'm going to be blunt:

No way. AAA is THE offer if you have A levels. I had a 2320 on the SAT and 3 700+ subject tests but because I was an Australian applicant with primarily Australian qualifications it was those that they wanted.

Best of luck!

Oh right. Well it doesn't matter too much in any case, AAA is a manageable condition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending