The Student Room Group

I'm hoping to be a physio but have applied to do... Is it possible???

I've applied to a BSc in Clinical Exercise Science and my other options are in Sports Therapy.

I understand this doesn't qualify me to be a physiotherapist but as some of the units are the same/related, I was hoping to be a physio assistant and then do a 'deferred entry' where hopefully I could complete the last year of a physio degree later and become qualified to register.

Would be grateful if anyone could provide any info. Thanks peeps :smile:
Reply 1
Hello :smile:

This was something I looked into doing for a while (although with a different subject for BSc). I'm not sure about whether or not could you transfer to a deferred entry last year of a physiotherapy degree, but there definitely is a Physiotherapy MSc (pre-registration), which would qualify you to register. They tend to ask for an undergraduate degree in a related discipline, and either of yours should be sufficient, although I might be inclined to say that the Clinical Exercise Science degree would be preferable (although that is just my own thoughts). Generally they include biological/human sciences, sports science and other health-related disciplines, so you should be fine with your choices.

It is very competitive to get onto a Physiotherapy MSc (pre-reg) (I chose a different degree in the end anyway, but I did do a lot of reading about the Physiotherapy courses), but it is possible. Hope that helps a bit :smile:
That helps a bunch thank you very much for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending