The Student Room Group

Difficulty obtaining secondary school grades from 30 years ago

Hi, I am a mature student applying to university to do nursing. The university has asked me to supply my grades from secondary school from early 1980's which I may not be able to get as it was in another country. I have a BA as well as a post graduate diploma from Britain. Is it really necessary to supply secondary school grades from 30 years ago? Has anyone else been asked to supply these? Feeling a bit crushed to have got this far and may be unable to get these records now. Any advice>
Reply 1
I had problems getting copies of 'O' level grades from 30 years ago, got passed from pillar to post, explained the situation to the university I was applying to & they didn't ask again. I think it's pretty irrelevant if you have more current and higher qualifications so don't worry. I got in fine without producing them, they're so old they don't count anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Ehd
I had problems getting copies of 'O' level grades from 30 years ago, got passed from pillar to post, explained the situation to the university I was applying to & they didn't ask again. I think it's pretty irrelevant if you have more current and higher qualifications so don't worry. I got in fine without producing them, they're so old they don't count anyway.

Thanks, feel much better now. I am going to search through old boxes just in case...
Reply 3
The board I sat my exams with referred me to my old school. My old school referred me to the board I sat my exams with. Groundhog day.
Original post by Ehd
The board I sat my exams with referred me to my old school. My old school referred me to the board I sat my exams with. Groundhog day.

That's a bit rubbish, I think in the UK the board (or more likely the board that absorbed yours) should be able to give you replacements, probably for a few £ though.
Reply 5
Unbelievably, I have found them! When my mother died I got a box of old cards and papers and low and behold she had kept my high school grades from Canada. Ahh... the benefits of being a pack rat pay off someday. Now just have to get through the group interview.. Thanks all. Wish me luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending