The Student Room Group

Oxford summer school recommendation?

Hi everyone :smile:

I'm a student from Hong Kong. I want to read PPE at Oxford and I'm thinking whether to join a summer school this year to find out if Oxford really is the place for me.There are a few choices I found online (Oxford Royale Academy, Oxford Summer College etc.) but I'm not sure which one is better.

Had anyone (international students especially) joined a summer school before they applied/ got into Oxford? Did it help?

Also, which one would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!
Original post by dominiclilnh
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm a student from Hong Kong. I want to read PPE at Oxford and I'm thinking whether to join a summer school this year to find out if Oxford really is the place for me.There are a few choices I found online (Oxford Royale Academy, Oxford Summer College etc.) but I'm not sure which one is better.

Had anyone (international students especially) joined a summer school before they applied/ got into Oxford? Did it help?

Also, which one would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

In my opinion, to put it bluntly, these courses are a waste of money. They will offer you literally no advantage in admissions, and in terms of finding out more about your subject, you'd be far better just spending the time reading into whatever interests you about your course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending