The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Child Nursing BCU 2015

Hello everyone, I have an interview at BCU on Monday for Child Nursing starting October 15. Just wondering whether anyone has any tips on passed interview for Child Nursing at BCU so I know what to expect? Also is anyone else having an interview Monday? Would be great to know somebody before I went
Thank you :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

On behalf of my cousin who doesn't have a TSR account... how was the BCU interview? Any tips/suggestions?
She has her interview at BCU soon.
Hope yours went well.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
How did your interview / selection day go?
Reply 3
Hey, it went well. It was quite stressful and I was very very nervous! But overall it wasn't as bad as I thought. I only had 6 interview questions from 2 interviewers. I also had to answer questions recorded on an IPad off children in hospital. My advice would be to just be yourself and listen to the questions they ask you - they really do just want to know about you and want you to do the best you can. Hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by beckgibbons
Hey, it went well. It was quite stressful and I was very very nervous! But overall it wasn't as bad as I thought. I only had 6 interview questions from 2 interviewers. I also had to answer questions recorded on an IPad off children in hospital. My advice would be to just be yourself and listen to the questions they ask you - they really do just want to know about you and want you to do the best you can. Hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for answering, ah could imagine though. I hope I pass the English and maths man lmao, what were the questions like on the iPad? X
Reply 5
Original post by MCarlene
Thank you for answering, ah could imagine though. I hope I pass the English and maths man lmao, what were the questions like on the iPad? X

The children were about 15 on all 3 of the ones I had, they asked me about their privacy and what I would do to make them feel less nervous whilst in hospital x
The children were about 15 on all 3 of the ones I had, they asked me about their privacy and what I would do to make them feel less nervous whilst in hospital x

Hi! I had my interview at bcu last week, just wanted to ask you how long your responses were on the ipad?
I know we had 90 seconds but I felt like mine were too short. Something that is really bugging me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hello, my responses were about 40 seconds on average wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, my responses were about 40 seconds on average wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine were about 30-35, I am worried now that they weren't long enough plus I think I spoke to fast 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
[QUOTE="Maturehealth;53073727"]Mine were about 30-35, I am worried now that they weren't long enough plus I think I spoke to fast 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
Don't worry about it I think they just wanted to see that you weren't gonna brush the kids off and ignore them :smile: where else have you applied?
[QUOTE="beckgibbons;53074799"]
Original post by Maturehealth
Mine were about 30-35, I am worried now that they weren't long enough plus I think I spoke to fast 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
Don't worry about it I think they just wanted to see that you weren't gonna brush the kids off and ignore them :smile: where else have you applied?

Hope so! How did you find the interview? Wolves, Cov and UoB, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Maturehealth;53075359"]

Hope so! How did you find the interview? Wolves, Cov and UoB, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wolves and Staffs, I've got my Wolves interview on Monday :smile: erm it was okay I just found it real stressful and the iPad thing really really stressed me out. I answered everything the way I planned to anyway, wbu?
My cousin has applied to wolves, uob, staff, ucb and Nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

This has been really helpful. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophus18x
This has been really helpful. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries I hope everything goes okay for your cousin :smile:
[QUOTE="beckgibbons;53076373"]
Original post by Maturehealth

Wolves and Staffs, I've got my Wolves interview on Monday :smile: erm it was okay I just found it real stressful and the iPad thing really really stressed me out. I answered everything the way I planned to anyway, wbu?

Have you already had your selection tests at wolves then? I'll be there monday too but for the entry tests. What time are you due in?

The ipad thing stressed me out too! I thought the interview was okay, although the more I think about it the more I realised I could have said more!

Have you had staffs interview yet? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Maturehealth;53077945"]

Have you already had your selection tests at wolves then? I'll be there monday too but for the entry tests. What time are you due in?

The ipad thing stressed me out too! I thought the interview was okay, although the more I think about it the more I realised I could have said more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've had an email inviting me for my selection test but I wasn't sure whether there was an interview as well or whether it was seperate? Have you got your maths and English on Monday that's what I've got I think?
I'm definitely the same I keep thinking of things I could of said but I was more nervous than I realised! I haven't heard anything off staffs yet have you? X
[QUOTE="Maturehealth;53077945"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm due in at 11 wbu?
How long did you wait before you started receiving interviews after your application was sent off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophus18x
How long did you wait before you started receiving interviews after your application was sent off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received my selection test from Wolves in December about 2 weeks after I sent it off and my BCU interview about 2 weeks ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending