The Student Room Group

Should I choose my firm choice now or await other offers?

Hiya everyone! I've received 3 conditional offers so far and I'm just awaiting the other 2 universities I've applied to to come back to me. The thing is, that I've already made my mind up which University will be my firm favourite and which will be my insurance choice and they are ones I've already received offers for! The two I'm awaiting offers for were just universities I chose just to make the numbers up. Should I therefore remove my application for the two yet to offer me a place and set my main and insurance universities?

Em x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I would wait until the other two come in. If you have your offers that's great! But don't mess around with your application at this stage incase something goes wrong. Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait.

There is no benefit from picking early - you just lose flexibility. You shouldn't send any decision to UCAS until April at the earliest.
Original post by EmmaVicky32
Hiya everyone! I've received 3 conditional offers so far and I'm just awaiting the other 2 universities I've applied to to come back to me. The thing is, that I've already made my mind up which University will be my firm favourite and which will be my insurance choice and they are ones I've already received offers for! The two I'm awaiting offers for were just universities I chose just to make the numbers up. Should I therefore remove my application for the two yet to offer me a place and set my main and insurance universities?

Em x

Posted from TSR Mobile

As PQ says, there is no benefit to picking a firm and insurance offer at this stage. If you can, it would be a good idea to visit your chosen firm/insurance again, just to make sure you are happy with them.

There's no need to chose a firm until April, so why not wait and see if you do get two more offers?
Look at this thread to see the mess you can get in by firming early:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3089813
Wait and then when you have all the offers, decide properly. You have once chance and you wouldnt want to change your mind once youve already made a decision :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending