Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puresha
oh gosh, about the same :') i absolutely HATE chemistry tho

I didn't even like it at gcse😂 you can always drop it after AS anyway if you're sure you don't need it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by AnnaValentine
Hey :smile:

GCSEs: 8A*s and 4As
A-levels: geography, biology, English literature and art (dropping art after AS)
Subject: geography

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey are you aqa for English literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnaValentine
No I'm on Edexcel :/

Wow I just looked at your A-level subjects... How are you finding doing 4 essay subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh
It's tiring but I love to write so it's okay! My kind of hell would be maths and sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm struggling with AS chemistry but my other AS subjects are fine.
Subscribed!!

GCSE - 9A* 2A
AS levels - Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Language
Subject - Biosciences

Hi guys! It's awesome that this thread is finally here. Durham is such a great (and competitive) uni, it'll be nice to meet some fellow hopefuls.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey Applescruff, yeah I realise it's early but I feel the same way - the motivation is great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jill800
So many stars I think I'm in space

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww that's the cutest thing anyone has said! XD

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm struggling with AS chemistry but my other AS subjects are fine.

same
Original post by Puresha
same

it's going to be 2 tough years I guess.What course do you want to apply to in Durham?
Gcses- 9A*s 4As
As levels- maths, further maths, chemistry and physics

I want to do a Meng and Durham is excellent for maths affiliated subjects, so I'm thinking of applying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
it's going to be 2 tough years I guess.What course do you want to apply to in Durham?

indeed. psychology, you? what other subjects do you take?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hoping to do medicine with a foundation year here.I also do biology , physics and Maths as well as chemistry.
I'm guessing we're all looking at pretty much A*AA courses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Going for History
Don't have any equivalent of GSCE grades because I've been studying in the States for the past 5 years. But I'm currently doing the IB and my HLs are History, English and Philosophy :smile:
Original post by afern
Going for History
Don't have any equivalent of GSCE grades because I've been studying in the States for the past 5 years. But I'm currently doing the IB and my HLs are History, English and Philosophy :smile:

Hey - I do pretty much the same subjects as you for my AS levels, how are you finding it? I know the IB seems even more of a challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by jill800
Hey - I do pretty much the same subjects as you for my AS levels, how are you finding it? I know the IB seems even more of a challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm finding it pretty hard because of the workload but it's definitely doable. I think I've found that it's the workload not the content itself that makes IB so hard. But also I went to an International School for all of primary school so I'm sort of used to the IB way of thinking.

This semester's been way harder than last semester though so I might want to change this in a few weeks ahaha
Original post by afern
I'm finding it pretty hard because of the workload but it's definitely doable. I think I've found that it's the workload not the content itself that makes IB so hard. But also I went to an International School for all of primary school so I'm sort of used to the IB way of thinking.

This semester's been way harder than last semester though so I might want to change this in a few weeks ahaha

Yes it's good to think anything is possible and ah heard the workload is ridiculous so props to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
going for Law!

GCSE's- 10 A*'s
Predicted 4 A's in History, English Lit, RS and Psychology!

anyone else looking to do Law?

what colleges is everyone looking at ? :smile:
Original post by Chris Cartner
If you've got any questions about the City itself, I can answer questions as I'm a local :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is Durham nightlife as bad as people make it out to be haha?
Original post by ellawhite4686
going for Law!

GCSE's- 10 A*'s
Predicted 4 A's in History, English Lit, RS and Psychology!

anyone else looking to do Law?

what colleges is everyone looking at ? :smile:

University college looks like an absolute dream to live in! Besides the castle I also like the sound of st. chad's college and Hatfield that are on the bailey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest