Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ellawhite4686
going for Law!

GCSE's- 10 A*'s
Predicted 4 A's in History, English Lit, RS and Psychology!

anyone else looking to do Law?

what colleges is everyone looking at ? :smile:

going for History not Law, but I'm probably going for Hatfield College because when I went to Durham last summer I absolutely fell in love with it! :smile:

What about you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by afern
going for History not Law, but I'm probably going for Hatfield College because when I went to Durham last summer I absolutely fell in love with it! :smile:

What about you?

I'm thinking about Van Midlert / Butler but I'm not completely sure yet I need to go back and have a good look! what other subjects do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jill800
University college looks like an absolute dream to live in! Besides the castle I also like the sound of st. chad's college and Hatfield that are on the bailey

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking of hill colleges as they're nearer to where my lectures would take place :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
I'm thinking about Van Midlert / Butler but I'm not completely sure yet I need to go back and have a good look! what other subjects do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm doing the IB so I still take 6 classes, but my Higher Level classes are History, Philosophy and English. What're you taking?
Original post by afern
Well I'm doing the IB so I still take 6 classes, but my Higher Level classes are History, Philosophy and English. What're you taking?

History,English Lit, RS(similar to philosophy) and Psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
History,English Lit, RS(similar to philosophy) and Psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow we're pretty similar! RS is religious studies right? (I've been in the US for 5 years I know nothing about UK classes now ahaha)
Original post by afern
Oh wow we're pretty similar! RS is religious studies right? (I've been in the US for 5 years I know nothing about UK classes now ahaha)

yeah it is! yeah we are :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Durham nightlife as bad as people make it out to be haha?

Sorry I've just seen this! In my opinion it's absolutely awful haha, however my favourite two nights were students nights and I've only been on two of them! Sooooo, as a student I'd say you'll still probably have the time of your life haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
A*A*A*A*AAAAABBB
English lit
Geography
History
Biology
Predicted 3As and C (for biology:/)
Hoping to do history-worried about the C though. I also do epq and gold d of e
Original post by llanber
A*A*A*A*AAAAABBB
English lit
Geography
History
Biology
Predicted 3As and C (for biology:/)
Hoping to do history-worried about the C though. I also do epq and gold d of e

which colleges are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A*A*AAAAAAA

maths, f.maths,chemistry,physics
but I'm predicted AABB which is a bummer and I want to do engineering :/// Have a ton of experience and super curricular which should hopefully help me out
4A*s 4As 3Bs 1C at GCSE, hopefully A*A*AB minimum at A-level. I want to do history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those that got into Sutton trust Durham, we're all guaranteed a place as long as we meet the requirement grades :biggrin:
Original post by Chellecharity
A*A*AAAAAAA

maths, f.maths,chemistry,physics
but I'm predicted AABB which is a bummer and I want to do engineering :/// Have a ton of experience and super curricular which should hopefully help me out

they're really good grades you should be fine! what is the offer for engineering? what colleges are you thinking of?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queenofquirk98
4A*s 4As 3Bs 1C at GCSE, hopefully A*A*AB minimum at A-level. I want to do history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do law! what colleges are you looking at applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
they're really good grades you should be fine! what is the offer for engineering? what colleges are you thinking of?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's AAA/A*AA which I think is attainable with a bit of work ! And I haven't even got a clue. Somewhere with ensuite bathrooms most definitely lol. But Durham nightlife is absolutely terrible I've heard
Original post by Chellecharity
It's AAA/A*AA which I think is attainable with a bit of work ! And I haven't even got a clue. Somewhere with ensuite bathrooms most definitely lol. But Durham nightlife is absolutely terrible I've heard

I'm going for law which is A*AA! I'm most keen on having my own room, theres a limited number of en suites and own rooms! yeah I've heard that but then others say its not as bad as you'd think and newcastle is near by so you can go out there i guess :smile:
Reply 57
Hi everyone
Im not really sure what course id like to do.Maybe something like medicine or biomedical science.
GCSE Grades are A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAAABBBB
Doing AS biology,chemisrty,geography and maths and polish(not sure polish will help me much but I might aswell do it)
Im so nervous for exams though!Not feeling prepared.
Original post by Ula12345
Hi everyone
Im not really sure what course id like to do.Maybe something like medicine or biomedical science.
Doing AS biology,chemisrty,geography and maths and polish(not sure polish will help me much but I might aswell do it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same 😃.
Original post by Ula12345
Hi everyone

I'm hoping to do law but I'm also feeling unprepared ! what college you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest