The Student Room Group

Undecided over two unis

Hi, I'm really struggling to choose between my firm and insurance choice uni. It's between Liverpool John Moore's and Staffordshire (stafford campus) to study digital forensics.

I didn't like the accomodation or location at Stafford (the course is also moving to Stoke in 2016) it was very rural. However the course is accredited and the actual talk about the modules and course itself pretty much won me over. Although the rooms needed a bit of tlc they provide the best equipment.

However, on the other hand there's LJMU. I love the location and could see myself being there and the accommodation is great. Although this time the course isn't accredited and when I went I wasn't really that impressed, it felt thrown together and some modules seemed not relevant.

I want the uni life but I also want to come out with a great degree and having enjoyed learning about the course but I feel like I need to pick between the two.

Id be grateful to get peoples opinions on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
From what you've written the course at Staffordshire sounds preferable (to an outsider!), but if you really don't think you'd be happy there it is worth thinking about whether you'd feel able to spend 3 years in a location you're not happy in? The accommodation shouldn't be a big problem, in that even if you don't like the uni accommodation you'll probably end up living off campus after your first year..

What is it you don't like about the location of the Staffs course? It does sound here as though the Staffs course is better for you with the degree and the modules, and having an accredited course is a big plus if you need it in the area you want to work in. Have you had a look at what societies and sports clubs they do at that university? If it's just the uni life that's concerning you about Staffs, then I'd probably say you should be able to get the 'uni experience' anywhere - people will go out and there are often great societies and clubs at any uni!
Thanks for taking the time to reply back. I don't like to location at Staffs as it's so isolated, however it's moving to Stoke next year so I guess that's not too bad. I feel like I should go to Staffs because they offer more within the course, although it wouldn't be my first choice in the other criteria. I guess at the end of the day I'm at university to learn and if i do go to Liverpool I might hate the course, and what would be the point?

Thanks again for replying.
How about forgetting about both of those terrible choices and moving to the only worthwhile city in the UK, London?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending