The Student Room Group

gcse english exam help!? pls help me!?

i recently took an igcse english language exam and i was not completely satisfied with my performance mostly because as soon as i had left the exam i realized that one of the questions was " what techniques does the writer use to convey happiness in lines 39-88" and in my answer i wrote about a few things inside those lines but most of my answer was related to the lines outside of 39-88 because did not read the question properly. Btw before the exam i had an A* in my course work which was 50% of my overall grade with the exam being 50% aswell. i think i lost a lot of marks because of this. my other answers where okay and i need a B in this exam to get an A overall. so pls help me? are the gcse examiners particularly harsh? someone pls advise me on this matter of mine thank you i would appreciate it
Reply 1
Original post by jacob1371
i recently took an igcse english language exam and i was not completely satisfied with my performance mostly because as soon as i had left the exam i realized that one of the questions was " what techniques does the writer use to convey happiness in lines 39-88" and in my answer i wrote about a few things inside those lines but most of my answer was related to the lines outside of 39-88 because did not read the question properly. Btw before the exam i had an A* in my course work which was 50% of my overall grade with the exam being 50% aswell. i think i lost a lot of marks because of this. my other answers where okay and i need a B in this exam to get an A overall. so pls help me? are the gcse examiners particularly harsh? someone pls advise me on this matter of mine thank you i would appreciate it

All examiners are harsh. But I don' think you'll lose a lot of marks. You done great on your coursework. Just don't stress about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending