The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You need the full A2 level, i'm pretty sure.
Reply 2
Why, what position are you in now? Are you a second year and have dropped it already? You *really* need chemistry for pharmacy, places in clearing are hard to come by. If you've already dropped it, its still early in the year, talk to your teachers and see if you can get back onto the course. You'll have to work your socks off though. What did you get at AS?
Reply 3
i got a D...3 marks of a C...i got A in biology and A in economics and a C in maths...im applying for optometry all 6 places...jus wondering if i dont get any offers can i go for pharmacy through clearing as a backup..
Reply 4
Pharmacy places in clearing are rare, you may get some from the less reknown universities and from any that have just started offering the MPharm degree. However, with an A in biology, you have a good chance of getting into optometry.
Reply 5
ok cheers for advice...one other thing...are there still many jobs in pharmacy...i know a few years back it was quite a good career path for a pharmacist to work for boots etc and you could earn quite a lot of money via opeing ur own pharmacist..however nowadays theres just so many pharmacies around..and also there are so many people applying..like half my year group..lol
Reply 6
^^ Maybe it's a Birmingham thing. Seriously half my bio and chem classes are applying for pharmacy!
Reply 7
There were quite alot of places through clearing for Pharmacy. I know there were places at manchester and i am sure there were places at reading and some other uni's. Alot of people are avoiding going to uni in general now because of the top up fees of £3000 which really sucks
Reply 8
Hey there... just to say you would seriously need to studied A2 level of chemistry otherwise you would find the work challenging as the lecturers expects you to know it already.
I am studying pharmacy at Portsmouth... its great
I also got a D for chemistry at A/S.
Well I knew I wanted to study pharmacy since like year 11... and my chemistry teacher knew so although I got a D, he predicted me a B so Unis can consider me.
Well in the end I got a high-ish B. This is because I retook 2 modules in the winter (didnt have many exams so why not) and did well. I retook the organic practical/exam in the summer. Useful because I had a synoptic paper which tested all modules. So if you put in the effort you can do it.

Latest

Trending

Trending