The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Criminology and Criminal Justice students

Hey, do we have here students who applied in Criminology and Criminal Justice studies at Portsmouth university? I am really curious about this subject and it''s learning methods. So, maybe you can share your experience, opinion about it :smile:
Hi!

I'm in First Year on this course. So far I have found it interesting, although not as challenging as I previously thought I would!. What in particular do you have questions about?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by Laurenx123x
Hi!

I'm in First Year on this course. So far I have found it interesting, although not as challenging as I previously thought I would!. What in particular do you have questions about?

Probably.. What is more on this course, practice or theory? What kind of facilities there are, related to criminology and criminal justice? (but I am not sure if first course goes that far). Also would you want to change smth in the course, e.g. add more or throw out?

So, thank you for your answer :smile:
Original post by Detny
Probably.. What is more on this course, practice or theory? What kind of facilities there are, related to criminology and criminal justice? (but I am not sure if first course goes that far). Also would you want to change smth in the course, e.g. add more or throw out?

So, thank you for your answer :smile:

Ah, so far I've done no practicals because it's not really that type of degree..But there are research methods units in first year where you can practice your skills, i.e questionnaire design. Its most all theory.

The facilities, that I have seen anyway, are really nice- classrooms are tidy and clean, easy to get to. We don't really need any specific equipment apart for computer programmes, which again, come in the research methods module.

If i could add anything I would say I'd have no exams, as i think i have 2 or 3. i hate exams and much prefer coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending