The Student Room Group

accommodation at cranfield university

i'll be starting my course at cranfield on 1st october. I have not applied for accommodation yet. I am looking for on campus accommodation. so can anyone suggest which hall is best to live at cranfield??
Reply 1
In my experience (mostly limited to Mitchell and Lanchester Halls, with only brief visits to other on-campus accommodation), the rooms are at a similar standard, with Chilver Hall and Stringfellow Hall having a somewhat more "modern" design. Depending on the course you attend the distance between your accommodation and the facilities in which you'll be studying may vary, so that's something to take into account (although the campus isn't particularly large so the differences don't matter that much).

Mitchell Hall includes a very nice bar lounge and restaurant, two major hubs of student life at the campus, but most of the rooms aren't en suite and there are no proper kitchen facilities, only kitchenettes with fridges and microwaves. Still, many students, even from other accommodation, opt to eat at Mitchell Hall so having it right at hand is very nice. Stringfellow Hall is next to Mitchell Hall, has (shared) kitchen facilities, and all the rooms there are en suite. I'd say it's a better choice since you're conveniently close to the restaurant/bar at Mitchell Hall while still having your own bathroom and kitchen. Both Stringfellow Hall and Mitchell Hall are close to most School of Management facilities.

Lanchaster and Chilver Halls are next to each other and close to sport facilities on campus, as well as slightly closer to the Cranfield Student Association building and most buildings of the Schools other than the School of Management - although Chilver Hall is in general terms the hall furthest away from most of the campus. Both Lanchaster and Chilver Halls have shared kitchen facilities and en suite rooms, although Lanchaster Hall also has rooms without bathrooms.
Reply 2
thanks
Which room would you say it is better? Which hall and type according to what you have seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest