The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Medical Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greed378
Got my offer a couple of days ago and already worrying about what accommodation to go into :colondollar:
I don't really drink much and I'm not a massive party animal so I looked into the "Lifestyle moderated areas" but I'm slightly worried that a lot of the people there might not even want to talk much and just work. I'm worried that I might not fit into either accommodation because in normal halls I'll be the weird guy who doesn't go out drinking all the time and in the work halls I'll be the annoying guy who distracts everyone when they want to work.

Did you decide on which halls? I'm thinking Denmark road myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 61
:frown: practically begging my GP to hurry up he's had my form for two weeks!!
Got an offer for A104 medicine has anyone else? What accommodation are you looking at going to?
Original post by CharlieNicholls
Got an offer for A104 medicine has anyone else? What accommodation are you looking at going to?

Denmark road or maybe Richmond park, you?

Original post by TheMysteryMan
Denmark road or maybe Richmond park, you?

I'm really not sure... I like the look of burkhardt house as its right next to xaverian, or oak house, Richmond or sheavyn. Other friends say fallow fields is the place to be for social occasions
Is anyone going for oak house at fallow fields by any chance? :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by khanster12

I've heard Victoria park is quiet?
so I'm looking to apply there :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
How's woolton hall?
Original post by m_k96
have you seen the accommodation? I was thinking of going to see it in March, they have an accommodation day. I'm scared all the places will go by then :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It won't all be gone - so long as you apply by August 31st, then you're guaranteed a place in halls.

Original post by TheMysteryMan
Are we supposed to apply now? o.O

You can do - applications are open, if you have an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer on the 13th of Jan but only saw this thread today :tongue: Congrats to everyone! Anyone else applied to Sheavyn, Richmond or Whitworth park for halls?
Hey everyone! I got an offer last week for A106 but only just found this thread. I just got my health questionnaire back from the GP and I've applied for accommodation at Denmark Road, Opal Gardens and Victoria Hall - I'm so excited that it's all coming together!!! :biggrin: where have some of you applied?
Is there a 2015 medicine offers Facebook group yet?

Guys, i just got an offer through UCAS. No email yet. Im pretty lost as to how to do the police check and the medical check-up. Are details included in the email? And how long would i have to wait for the email?

I am international by the way
[QUOTE="Steak;53608553" Beef="Beef"]Guys, i just got an offer through UCAS. No email yet. Im pretty lost as to how to do the police check and the medical check-up. Are details included in the email? And how long would i have to wait for the email?

I am international by the way[/QUOTE

Hey! Well done for your offer! I had to wait around 15 hours for my email to come through. We were all given the health questionnaire at our interview - were you not? They gave us all an A4 envolope with it in x
[QUOTE="08spencerk;53609741"]
Original post by Beef Steak
Guys, i just got an offer through UCAS. No email yet. Im pretty lost as to how to do the police check and the medical check-up. Are details included in the email? And how long would i have to wait for the email?

I am international by the way[/QUOTE

Hey! Well done for your offer! I had to wait around 15 hours for my email to come through. We were all given the health questionnaire at our interview - were you not? They gave us all an A4 envolope with it in x

Hi,

I emailed the admission rep who handled my interview from start to end. She said i'll receive an email that consist of a health questionnaire and the offer letter next week.
Does anyone know when we'll hear back if we've applied for accommodation? Also, is it allocated on a first come, first served basis? Thanks:-)
Reply 76
Hi everyone! Got my offer a few weeks back - so SO happy as Manchester is definitely my top choice, loved the city, the uni and I really like the sound of the European Studies option as I'm doing French A2 atm.
Really hope that I'll be heading up there in September! (prays to the god of OCR Salters B Chemistry)

I'm also kind of stuck on accommodation - I'm a bit wary of some of the places in Fallowfield as I would like to get some work done whilst I'm at uni lol, but obviously I don't want to end up somewhere that's a bit dead.
Love the look of Denmark Road (plus it's really close to the medical building) but I'm not sure if it would be worth paying £30 extra a week just for an en suite and nice decor? I definitely want self catered so I've also put down Opal Gardens and Sheavyn House.
What are you guys' thoughts on choosing accommodation? :smile:
Original post by Odyhrot
Hi everyone! Got my offer a few weeks back - so SO happy as Manchester is definitely my top choice, loved the city, the uni and I really like the sound of the European Studies option as I'm doing French A2 atm.
Really hope that I'll be heading up there in September! (prays to the god of OCR Salters B Chemistry)

I'm also kind of stuck on accommodation - I'm a bit wary of some of the places in Fallowfield as I would like to get some work done whilst I'm at uni lol, but obviously I don't want to end up somewhere that's a bit dead.
Love the look of Denmark Road (plus it's really close to the medical building) but I'm not sure if it would be worth paying £30 extra a week just for an en suite and nice decor? I definitely want self catered so I've also put down Opal Gardens and Sheavyn House.

Got bored of trying to decide 2 and 3 so just went with these :smile: Submitted now. Not sure about weston so I may change it at a later date.

1st Preference:
Denmark Road, Ensuite Shower
2nd Preference:
Sheavyn House, Ensuite Shower
3rd Preference
Weston Hall, Ensuite Shower
Original post by rach_midd
Does anyone know when we'll hear back if we've applied for accommodation? Also, is it allocated on a first come, first served basis? Thanks:-)

Original post by Odyhrot

Read the FAQ please both of you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by khanster12

Yes! With Owens park and then Richmond as my other choices :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending